• 2,254,447 Discussions
  • 7,879,484 Comments

Discussions

Can we create new datasource connection in JCS-SX weblogic instance

Narendra Modupalli
Narendra Modupalli Member Posts: 21 Red Ribbon
edited Mar 13, 2017 1:02AM in Java Cloud Service

Hi Experts,

As far as I knew, when we get any JCS-SX instance then by default predefined weblogic and database will be associated with in the instance. I'm very much sure that we cannot create any custom schema inside of the pre-defined database in my JCS-SX. Please do correct me if I'm wrong.

I have couple of questions for which I'm not able to find answers.

1. Is it possible for us to create new Datasource in JCS-SX weblogic instance? If its possible then please do share the reference on this.

2. For one of the requirement, we are planning to use PaaS DBCS (JCS) one. In this we can create our own custom schemas. Can I access this PaaS DBCS details in inside of my JCS-SX application?

(Eg - I'm planning to build one small ADF application which will access PaaS DBCS and when we deploy in JCS-SX, does it support to access the data. We cannot access the data untill if we don't create the datasource connection in inside my JCS-SX weblogic instance) Is it achievable?

3. What is max size that JCS-SX - predefined database? If possible please share the documentation link for the JCS-SX database compute shapes?

Any inputs on this are highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Narendra M.

Best Answer

• Jani Rautiainen-Oracle
    Jani Rautiainen-Oracle Member Posts: 828
    edited Mar 9, 2017 8:07AM Accepted Answer

1) The SDK does contain command to add a data source, not sure if this is what you are looking for though as it just allows you to create a jndi name for the data souece, snipplet from the documentation:

Command:

add-datasource-jndiname    
    - Add a new JNDI name for a data source.  Command alias:[adddatasourcejndiname]

Mandatory argument(s):

...- JNDI name of the data source associated with the Java Cloud Service - SaaS Extension. Supported Charaters in JNDI name: [a-z],[A-Z],[0-9],":",".","/","-","_".  Shortcut:jn  

Optional argument(s):

...datasource                 - Name of the data source associated with the Java Cloud Service - SaaS Extension. Supported Charaters in DataSource name: [a-z],[A-Z],[0-9].  

2) I am not sure I understand the question. But if you are asking whether you can access the content of the associated DB from JCS SX then yes you definitely can do that. For example with the JNDI name defined in the ADF application configuration or directly with JDBC like in this example

3) I think you should be able to see the DB size associated with JCS SX from your dashboard. For details refer to the Pricing documentation

--

Jani Rautiainen

Fusion Applications Developer Relations

Narendra Modupalli

Answers

• Jani Rautiainen-Oracle
    Jani Rautiainen-Oracle Member Posts: 828
    edited Mar 9, 2017 8:07AM Accepted Answer

1) The SDK does contain command to add a data source, not sure if this is what you are looking for though as it just allows you to create a jndi name for the data souece, snipplet from the documentation:

Command:

add-datasource-jndiname    
    - Add a new JNDI name for a data source.  Command alias:[adddatasourcejndiname]

Mandatory argument(s):

...- JNDI name of the data source associated with the Java Cloud Service - SaaS Extension. Supported Charaters in JNDI name: [a-z],[A-Z],[0-9],":",".","/","-","_".  Shortcut:jn  

Optional argument(s):

...datasource                 - Name of the data source associated with the Java Cloud Service - SaaS Extension. Supported Charaters in DataSource name: [a-z],[A-Z],[0-9].  

2) I am not sure I understand the question. But if you are asking whether you can access the content of the associated DB from JCS SX then yes you definitely can do that. For example with the JNDI name defined in the ADF application configuration or directly with JDBC like in this example

3) I think you should be able to see the DB size associated with JCS SX from your dashboard. For details refer to the Pricing documentation

--

Jani Rautiainen

Fusion Applications Developer Relations

Narendra Modupalli
This discussion has been closed.