• 2,264,011 Discussions
  • 7,904,815 Comments

Discussions

Question Documentation Policy Dev Guide - Exercise "Rest to Soap"

VictorJabur
VictorJabur Member Posts: 90
edited Feb 16, 2017 2:51PM in API Management

Hello Guys,

I'm trying to do the exercise inside the documentation "Oracle API Gateway Policy Developer Guide_E65461_01.pdf"

https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E65459_01/dev.1112/e65461/content/general_soap_to_rest.html

I have a basic question but I've lost myself in this part:

Exercise: Transform a Soap WS in a Rest API using the "REST API Repository":

HTTP Get (Rest) -> Create Xml Soap -> Invoke backend Ws Soap -> XML Response -> Transform -> Json -> Response to the caller

1 - I created my Rest API

2 - I created a "Request Policy" to transform Rest -> Xml Soap

3 - I created a "Response Policy" to transform Xml Soap -> Rest

My question is related to this two parts of the documentation:

Page 79 (Request):

Set the request policy on the REST API method

Next, edit the REST API method GetStockQuote and set this policy as the request processing policy

Page 80 (Response):

Set the response policy on the REST API method

Finally, edit the REST API method GetStockQuote and set this policy as the response processing policy.

I was unable to understand this steps in the documentation since they are very short and doesn't provide any picture to illustrate it.

In the following picture:

1 - How can I edit the "REST API method" in order to set my previous two policies created ? I was unable to find how to link my Rest API Method to "My 2 custom transforming policies"

2 -  What policy should be specified at the Routing tab?

1. I specified to be called the WS Auto Generated Policy. Is it correct?

Selection_005.png

Thank you guys,

Victor Jabur

Tagged:

Answers

• ToddN-Oracle
    ToddN-Oracle Member Posts: 11 Employee
    edited Feb 16, 2017 2:51PM

There were recent changes in the API Gateway in this area and the request and response policy options no longer exist.   Unfortunately the documentation does not reflect the changes.

There is a REST to SOAP example included with the install.  Take a look at the /rest2soap path in Sample Services and its associated REST to SOAP policy.