• 3,853,311 Users
  • 2,264,203 Discussions
  • 7,905,317 Comments

Discussions

OBIEE Tables Stacked Columns

ElieAintabi
ElieAintabi Member Posts: 11 Blue Ribbon

Hello,

I am wondering if this is possible on OBIEE 11g. I have a requirement for a table with let's say 20 columns. Rather then have such a wide report, requirement is to have columns stacked, so there are 10 columns only, but 5 values per column.

an abstract is

COL1

COL2

COL3

COL4

COL5

COL6

COL7

COL8

COL9

COL10

COL11

COL12

COL13

COL14

COL15

COL16

COL17

COL18

COL19

COL20

VAL1

VAL2

VAL3

VAL4

ETCETCETCETC
ETCETCETCETCETC

I am accomplishing this right now via HTML and line breaks, HR tags, but I am hating my life right now doing this like this, and was hoping for a more elegant scalable approach.

Any suggestions?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Gianni Ceresa
    Gianni Ceresa Managing Director | Oracle ACE Director Member Posts: 6,682 Blue Diamond
    edited Mar 1, 2017 2:42PM Answer ✓

Hi,

More "elegant" ?

Well ... as what you look for isn't anything standard, common or logic (because stacking columns would make >90% of the reports unreadable) you don't get anything out of box looking like that.

The only option is manual HTML with a narrative view to make the job.

They only way to get it "dynamic" (aka scalable) would be to use javascript to do the job with some parameters (like for example how many columns you want) and a javascript code would do the job. You can store the JS code in a file you load where needed and using a narrative view you pass values to JS.

Answers

• Gianni Ceresa
    Gianni Ceresa Managing Director | Oracle ACE Director Member Posts: 6,682 Blue Diamond
    edited Mar 1, 2017 2:42PM Answer ✓

Hi,

More "elegant" ?

Well ... as what you look for isn't anything standard, common or logic (because stacking columns would make >90% of the reports unreadable) you don't get anything out of box looking like that.

The only option is manual HTML with a narrative view to make the job.

They only way to get it "dynamic" (aka scalable) would be to use javascript to do the job with some parameters (like for example how many columns you want) and a javascript code would do the job. You can store the JS code in a file you load where needed and using a narrative view you pass values to JS.

• ElieAintabi
    ElieAintabi Member Posts: 11 Blue Ribbon
    edited Mar 1, 2017 2:52PM

Highly regrettable, however I entirely see your point. Thanks,

This discussion has been closed.