• 2,259,133 Discussions
  • 7,893,366 Comments

Discussions

HFM SAP adapters

JanGLi
JanGLi Member Posts: 649 Bronze Badge
edited Jun 8, 2017 12:43AM in Financial Consolidation

Hi,

Just wanted to know few questions regarding HFM SAP adapter for FDMEE.

1 - Does oracle provide FDMEE HFM SAP adapter or FDMEE only uses bristlecone adapter for pre-packaged integration?

2 - If there are two adapters. Is their any difference between them?

I did check oracle documentation and i found these things which are a bit ambiguous so i asked here for confirmation.

Oracle Documentation (Using a Prepackaged Integration for SAP ) says:

"For the SAP integrations, the integration partner delivers the ODI Project and Adapter XML." from this it looks like it is referring to bristlecone adapter.

Oracle License document (https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E12825_01/epm.111/epm_licensing.pdf) says:

"Hyperion Financial Data Quality Management, Enterprise Edition Adapter for Financial Management" does this refer to bristlecone adapter?

Thanks for help in advance.

Regards

3384345Donson yu

Best Answer

• JohnGoodwin
    JohnGoodwin Member Posts: 30,471 Blue Diamond
    edited Mar 9, 2017 5:57AM Answer ✓

From the FDMEE readme

SAP Integration

If you plan to use the SAP ERP Financials or SAP BW integration, you must download the FDMEE-SAP Adapter from the Oracle partner Bristlecone’s website. Please register at the website http://www.bristleconelabs.com/edel/edel_login.asp to obtain login information. In addition, refer to the documentation provided by Bristlecone for details regarding the SAP Adapter configuration.

If it is SAP HANA then from 11.1.2.4.210

Integrating SAP HANA Based Data Warehouse

FDMEE can integrate to a SAP HANA based data warehouse using the Universal Data Adapter (UDA). The Universal Data Adapter enables you to integrate external source table/view information directly into Oracle Hyperion Financial Data Quality Management, Enterprise Edition bypassing the open interface table.

Cheers

John

JanGLi3384345

Answers

• JanGLi
    edited Mar 9, 2017 5:46AM

Any help guys?
    Regards

• JohnGoodwin
    JohnGoodwin Member Posts: 30,471 Blue Diamond
    edited Mar 9, 2017 5:57AM Answer ✓

From the FDMEE readme

SAP Integration

If you plan to use the SAP ERP Financials or SAP BW integration, you must download the FDMEE-SAP Adapter from the Oracle partner Bristlecone’s website. Please register at the website http://www.bristleconelabs.com/edel/edel_login.asp to obtain login information. In addition, refer to the documentation provided by Bristlecone for details regarding the SAP Adapter configuration.

If it is SAP HANA then from 11.1.2.4.210

Integrating SAP HANA Based Data Warehouse

FDMEE can integrate to a SAP HANA based data warehouse using the Universal Data Adapter (UDA). The Universal Data Adapter enables you to integrate external source table/view information directly into Oracle Hyperion Financial Data Quality Management, Enterprise Edition bypassing the open interface table.

Cheers

John

JanGLi3384345
  • Francisco Amores
    Francisco Amores Member Posts: 1,694 Bronze Crown
    edited Mar 9, 2017 6:32AM

Please see my comments below:

Just wanted to know few questions regarding HFM SAP adapter for FDMEE.

1 - Does oracle provide FDMEE HFM SAP adapter or FDMEE only uses bristlecone adapter for pre-packaged integration?

There is no FDMEE HFM SAP Adapter. You can purchase the FDMEE-SAP Adapter which are pre-packaged adapters for specific SAP ECC Ledger/Subledger and BW. You can use the FDMEE-SAP adapter to integrate with HFM or any other EPM app

2 - If there are two adapters. Is their any difference between them?

There are not 2 adapters.

If you are referring to the HFM adapter it has nothing to do with SAP. It's just to use HFM with FDMEE

I did check oracle documentation and i found these things which are a bit ambiguous so i asked here for confirmation.

Oracle Documentation (Using a Prepackaged Integration for SAP ) says:

"For the SAP integrations, the integration partner delivers the ODI Project and Adapter XML." from this it looks like it is referring to bristlecone adapter.

Yes

Oracle License document (https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E12825_01/epm.111/epm_licensing.pdf) says:

"Hyperion Financial Data Quality Management, Enterprise Edition Adapter for Financial Management" does this refer to bristlecone adapter?

No

Thanks for help in advance. You'r welcome

JanGLi3384345
  • JanGLi
    edited Mar 9, 2017 6:46AM

Thanks John and Amores.

Always helpful and to the point

Regards

This discussion has been closed.