• 7,900,301 Comments

Discussions

How to retrieve a value based on a date selected by the user in OBIEE

13»

Answers

• Eimis Pacheco
    Eimis Pacheco Member Posts: 34
    edited Mar 29, 2017 9:55PM

I know that nobody here owes me anything, I am not demanding anything, You are wrong in your opinion, so, do not write things that I am not doing.

About open multiple threads, I am tired of repeating that I did not know that was not allowed to rephrase my question in other threads for other time zones, other people, I am new here, Do you understand I was the sin.

and you are like gossiping because you are not adding anything technical, just you have time for this.

• Eimis Pacheco
    edited Mar 30, 2017 1:17PM

Hi Gianni,

We are OK now (Hahana, and not everyone, I am not bipolar, just that we talked in another post).

I wanted to ask you. In my specific case, if I have to do the analysis of a Statement of profit and loss, and my company work with 2 currencies  (NIO = Nicaragua and CRC= Costa Rica), and they want to see it all in a single analysis, so they are requesting me to convert the amounts from these currencies to dollars, with an exchanged rate, and I have the limitation that I do not have the exchange rates that I need available in any of my dimensions,

So, what Can I do in this use case to achieve my goal? This is my actual challenge, well, for me as a not senior.

Thank you for your useful answer.

• Gianni Ceresa
    Gianni Ceresa Managing Director | Oracle ACE Director Member Posts: 6,637 Blue Diamond
    edited Mar 30, 2017 1:46PM

As said the answer is to model it in the RPD via a lookup table (or at least have the table with the exchange rate available).

As apparently you can't touch the RPD (but then what's the point of having to do a job if you can't do it the way it's supposed to be done?), something that was also posted earlier in the thread is a direct database request.

You write your own query and this query will return you everything. And "everything" means really everything and not just an exchange rate. So your amounts, the exchange rate and in the query you calculate directly the USD values. Because you can't mix a DDR and an analysis (mix columns of both together) you have to forget your analysis and return the same data in the DDR.

Write your query, and done.

Are you using the tool? We agreed the answer is not as SQL Developer (a free tool) would do the same.

But that's live ...

Eimis PachecoEimis PachecoThomas Dodds
  • Eimis Pacheco
    edited Mar 30, 2017 2:30PM

Ok Gianni,

I think we are done with this thread, finally!. I think that this is my final solution,

As I am the only one in BI in my company, I can do the change in the RPD.  You are not going to believe me,  I thought something like what you told me as well (lookup table), but I was unsure (unsure girl) on how good could have been this solution, I had different ideas to address this, and I was not sure about any of them.

Now, @Christian_Berg, you can be more much glad than before that Gianni helped me a lot.

Gianni, thank you for all your time invested on this thread. This is a public recognition award. You have been our today hero.

By for now.

Have an excellent day.

Best regards

• Christian Berg-0racle
    Christian Berg-0racle Everything Analytics And Data Member Posts: 9,646 Gold Crown
    edited Mar 30, 2017 2:32PM

Close. You have to wait until the lookup actually finds my handle and then you can click on it.

@Eimis Pacheco <-- like this

Eimis Pacheco
  • Gianni Ceresa
    Gianni Ceresa Managing Director | Oracle ACE Director Member Posts: 6,637 Blue Diamond
    edited Mar 30, 2017 2:36PM

So, based on what the FAQ and OTN rules suggest, you can maybe close the thread? For now it's still This question is Not Answered.

• Thomas Dodds
    Thomas Dodds Member Posts: 1,698
    edited Mar 30, 2017 2:36PM

If I wasn't off being "employably" busy ... what you need to do is model a lookup table to return the exchange/conversion rate ... +1 to my friends for sticking around!

Gianni Ceresa
  • Eimis Pacheco
    edited Mar 30, 2017 2:38PM

Thanks, Little by Little I am getting to know the usage of this tool.

• Christian Berg-0racle
    Christian Berg-0racle Everything Analytics And Data Member Posts: 9,646 Gold Crown
    edited Mar 30, 2017 2:40PM

Gianni is. I'm just being funny from the sideline :-)

Thomas Dodds
This discussion has been closed.