• 3,826,076 Users
  • 2,260,592 Discussions
  • 7,896,782 Comments

Discussions

Help with Oracle Stream Analytics and JMS stream source

user9073637
user9073637 Member Posts: 1
edited May 5, 2017 6:01PM in Complex Event Processing

I'm trying to set up an instance of Oracle Stream Analytics (standalone server domain) that I can use to illustrate how a business user could use it to do some basic stream processing on a JMS stream I am producing elsewhere (ActiveMQ broker) without writing any code.  I followed the instructions for installing version 12.2.1 and have it up and running.  I'm able to log in, but when I attempt to create a new JMS stream, the connection step of the wizard provides an empty connection dropdown and I am not sure how to add entries to that list.  It appears the older version (Stream Explorer) allowed a URL, username, and pw to be entered for the broker connection.

My hope is that once I can get the JMS stream connected, I'll be able to show our folks how to use the OSA UI to describe the shape, apply some of the existing filtering patterns to it, and possibly send filter outputs out on a different JMS topic.

I also posted this question on Stack Overflow before I found this forum (there is a screenshot of the screen I'm looking at over there): Can't create a JMS stream in Oracle Stream Analytics - Stack Overflow .

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Tagged:

Answers

791621 Member Posts: 1
    edited May 5, 2017 6:01PM

We support working with JMS on a Weblogic server, so you first need to create a connection to a Weblogic server, then it will appear in the connection dropdown in your JMS stream wizard.

If you are looking to demonstrate stream processing capabilities, I suggest you use a CSV file stream: dump your events into a CSV file and use it as a simulated event stream. You can set the stream rate and whether the file needs to be looped when you run out of events. Using a CSV file will remove the JMS server dependency, which may be useful in a demo environment.

This discussion has been closed.