- 17.9K All Categories
- 3.3K Industry Applications
- 3.2K Intelligent Advisor
- 59 Insurance
- 534.1K On-Premises Infrastructure
- 137.6K Analytics Software
- 38.5K Application Development Software
- 5.3K Cloud Platform
- 109.1K Database Software
- 17.5K Enterprise Manager
- 8.8K Hardware
- 70.8K Infrastructure Software
- 105.1K Integration
- 41.5K Security Software
FDM Period Mapping
I have a question about the Period mapping in FDM.
Here is the situation, this is the data file:
Jan Feb AvgJan AvgFeb
Account1 100 100 99 99
Account2 100 100 99 99
I would like to use FDM to load data to the different type of periods, like Jan and AvgJan.
1. One way for sure can work is, storing Avg data to another version or scenario, and then use the regular / default period mapping. (Jan-17, Feb-17, etc.) No need to discuss this.
2. I am wondering that, if I want to load these data to different periods, and set the period hierarchy like:
How are we going to use FDM to load these different type of periods members? For example, in the global mapping set different period mappings, but in this case, since the Period Key cannot be duplicated, the period key should be set up a little bit different than the regular ones.
But the tricky part is if I set is as the above screenshot, then when I load the data file by using multi-column import format, you will see the start and end period will mess up.
So my question is, if I'd like to set the period hierarchy as, Jan, AvgJan, ect. also, I'd like to use FDM to load this data file, what is the best way to achieve this? ( As I mentioned, storing the data to another version/scenario will definitely work.)
Thanks in advance.