This site is currently read-only as we are migrating to Oracle Forums for an improved community experience. You will not be able to initiate activity until January 30th, when you will be able to use this site as normal.

Forum Stats

• 3,889,982 Users
  • 2,269,775 Discussions
  • 7,916,823 Comments

Discussions

Non-English character problem in PDF Export

3470106 Member Posts: 1

Hi,

When I get PDF export from Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition, I am seeing non-English characters (actually Turkish characters) as "?". HTML, RTF and other MS Office exports are working fine.

I have uploaded "ALBANYWT.ttf" file manually from "Font Mappings" menu under Administration and created a PDF Font Mapping with the information below:

Base Font: "Albany WT"

Target Font Type: "TrueType"

Target Font: "ALBANYWT_bipcustom.TTF" (the ttf file I have uploaded manually)

TTC Number: "1"

When I exported a PDF file and checked the Fonts tab under Properties inside PDF file, this is the information I see:

Helvetica

Type: Type 1

Encoding: Ansi

Actual Font: ArialMT

Actual Font Type: TrueType

While I am designing the layout from OBIEE, I am selecting the font as "Albany WT" but it immediately turns to "Custom". Inside RTF and other MS Office exports I see font as "Albany WT" which is what I expect to see. But in PDF exports I cannot see anything related to "Albany WT" and also Turkish characters are written as "?".

Could you please help me with this issue?

Tagged:
This discussion has been closed.