Forum Stats

• 3,827,919 Users
  • 2,260,839 Discussions
  • 7,897,407 Comments

Discussions

JCA File Adapter - File Listing operation doesnt return any results for large number of files in a f

Hari Selva
Hari Selva Member Posts: 282 Blue Ribbon
edited Jul 5, 2017 12:40PM in SOA & Process Management

Hi All,

I am building a SOA BPEL application in Oracle 12c, which gets the list of files in a folder with minimum file age > 60 secs and start processing them.

I am facing issue at the first step, when File Adapter tries to get the list of files in a folder containing 90,000 files. Also, I have got transaction time out exception. I was told not to increase the Time Out settings as it affects all the BPEL processes transactions. Hence, It is returning blank value.

How can I overcome this issue without altering the transaction time out setting change?

pastedImage_9.png

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!

Tagged:

Answers

• aparikh-Oracle
    aparikh-Oracle Member Posts: 27 Employee
    edited Jul 4, 2017 10:20PM

Hi Hari,

To determine exactly what is going on, enable TRACE:32 for oracle.soa.adapter.file , reproduce the issue and check SOA managed server diagnostic logs.

Refer:    How to enable TRACE / DEBUG logging in Oracle SOA Suite 12c And Oracle Service BUS 12c (Doc ID 1903013.1)

In case timeout is occurring before the result of listfiles is returned , more time has to be allowed and hence timeout values have to be changed.

While changing timeout , follow the rule mentioned in

SOA 11g and SOA 12c: How to configure transaction timeouts for BPEL (Doc ID 880313.1)

Regards,

Akshay

Hari Selva
  • Hari Selva
    Hari Selva Member Posts: 282 Blue Ribbon
    edited Jul 5, 2017 12:40PM

Thanks. I will look into it further.

This discussion has been closed.