• 2,252,713 Discussions
  • 7,874,327 Comments

Discussions

Tracking the source of Data in cell

JanGLi
JanGLi Member Posts: 649 Bronze Badge
edited Jun 22, 2017 8:41AM in Planning and Budgeting

Hi,

Due to some reasons i am getting unwanted values on my data form cell. Either someone is manually entering them, or they are being thrown on that cell by some business rule.I am trying to find the source of that data using hsp_audit_records table.

I am trying to search the member combinations in these columns, id_2 and new_val
Kindly help me get some answers.

1 - Is there any other way i can view this information other than hsp_audit_records

2 - When data us thrown by calculation script, column old_val will show the new value and column old_value will show the old value. kindly correct if i am wrong.

3 - Data thrown via FDMEE, will it be logged in hsp_audit_records table?

Regards

Answers

• Dayalan Punniyamoorthy
    Dayalan Punniyamoorthy Member Posts: 1,516 Gold Trophy
    edited Jun 22, 2017 7:51AM

For 1 # & 2# - You need to get the details via hsp_audit_records. If you haven't seen this doc worth have a look Planning Application Audit Options Explained (Doc ID 1921695.1)

Also have a look at this blog How to check whether a "User" ran a "Rule" after data entry ~ Oracle - Hyperion Labs   will answer some part of your questions.

Regards,

Dayalan P.

• JohnGoodwin
    JohnGoodwin Member Posts: 30,471 Blue Diamond
    edited Jun 22, 2017 8:33AM

The auditing is written to table hsp_audit_records, it all depends on what has been enabled for auditing to what will be stored.

You have to understand that it is only auditing information through the planning layer so if you a user say has an Essbase connection and updates data then it will not be recorded.

I am not sure what you are asking in the second question, it will be logged that the rule has been run but it is not going to log all the data changes that occur from running the rule, the rule is run against Essbase.

For FDMEE data loads then the majority of the time you will be probably loading directly to Essbase using a load rule so won't be stored in the audit tables, if you are using the all data type method then it uses the OLU to load to the planning layer but I don't believe loading using the OLU is captured in the audit table, give it a test

Cheers

John

• JanGLi
    edited Jun 22, 2017 8:36AM

Thanks for help guys

for 2

let me explain in different way.

I have entered manually figure 100 on data form against combination of members.

In audit trail it shows this....old_val = #missing and new_val = 100

Now i deleted that figure manually.

In audit trail it shows this.... old_val = 100 and new_val = #missing

Now i executed a business rule which will do the same activity that i am doing manually.

In audit trail it shows this.... old_val = 100 and new_val = #missing (same as deleting a value or we can say reverse of entering data manually)

Regards

• JanGLi
    edited Jun 22, 2017 8:37AM

is it possible to check from essbase logs... that against which combination data is being loaded?

Regards

• Julien Mallet
    Julien Mallet Member Posts: 1,541 Gold Trophy
    edited Jun 22, 2017 8:41AM

As John said earlier, business rules are executed against Essbase, bypassing the Planning layer.

As for Essbase logs, not really, you won't see a complete list of intersections being calculated, neither the values assigned. What Dayalan posted is possibly all you can do regarding business rules.

This discussion has been closed.