• 7,874,327 Comments

Discussions

How to give read access to Data Grid in HFM

JanGLi
JanGLi Member Posts: 649 Bronze Badge
edited Jul 7, 2017 1:14AM in Financial Consolidation

hi,

HFM version 11.1.2.4.204

i am trying to give simple read access to just one account member of my data grid... so that when i open my data grid only one account is visible to me (learning how to use securities).

These are the steps that i did, but still can't view my data grid. kindly guide what am i missing... or doing wrong...

1 - created a user, test1

2 - created a group testgroup1 and make test1 a member of testgroup1

3 - provisioned my group with these roles... applied all View Roles mentioned in this document https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E57185_01/HSSSU/apas05.html

i have even tried giving all the rights except Application Administrator, still not able to see any data grid.

4 - create a security class and pastedImage_6.png

5 - add security class in my meta data like this... and uploaded it.... pastedImage_7.png

6 - but when i log in using user test1. i can't see anything.

In planning we use to give access of data forms to... is there anything like this in HFM? or data form access is managed via just securities.
Kindly help

Regards

Answers

• USER1211
    USER1211 Member Posts: 3,104
    edited Jul 6, 2017 4:47PM

Is there a different security class on the data grid in question? If there is and you did not give the user access to that security class he will not see it.

• JanGLi
    JanGLi Member Posts: 649 Bronze Badge
    edited Jul 7, 2017 12:12AM

there are some default security classed that i didn't touched.

pastedImage_0.png

Should i delete them? or give them same rights as my security class SC ?

Regards

• ChrisTurnbull
    ChrisTurnbull Member Posts: 29
    edited Jul 7, 2017 1:14AM

Hi JanGli,

I believe User1211 is referring to the Grid it self. If you open the Grid hit the 'Save as' button on the Grid you should be able to see the applied security class for the Grid itself displayed.

This then corresponds to your screenshot above where you can apply access.

pastedImage_1.png

This discussion has been closed.