• 7,900,732 Comments

Discussions

Planning Securities Error

JanGLi
JanGLi Member Posts: 650 Bronze Badge
edited Jul 27, 2017 3:03AM in Planning and Budgeting

Hi,

Hyperion Planning 11.1.2.4.005

I have two environments of Hyperion Planning. Environment 1 (source), Environment 2 (target)

I have done my provisioning like this in environment 1:

We have main group named as Planner and the rest of the groups are it's children.

We have only provisioned our main group Planner.

Now we assign member access (member security) to the children groups.

Now when we are migrating hyperion planning application from from environment 1 to environment 2 along with securities. We are getting this error:

"EPMLCM-14000: Error reported from Hyperion Planning.

/Configuration/User Preferences:- Errors occured during syncrhonization: [An error occurred while adding user to Essbase.]

/Security/Access Permissions/Groups/Entity - F.Fert:- Errors occured during syncrhonization: [An error occurred while adding user to Essbase.]

/Security/Access Permissions/Groups/Entity - FASS:- Errors occured during syncrhonization: [An error occurred while adding user to Essbase.]

... all the groups

"

We tried giving provisioning to just 1 child group and tried importing Planning Application securities again. The separately provision group didn't get error out.

My questions is....

is this the right way to provision (we didn't faced any issue in securities)?

is this the right way to import planning securities?

what could be the possible solution for this?

One solution i can think of is that i should separately provision each an every group... which will be a hectic activity.

Regards

Answers

• JohnGoodwin
    JohnGoodwin Member Posts: 30,471 Blue Diamond
    edited Jul 27, 2017 3:03AM

One of the reason why this can occur is documented in the support document - "EPMLCM-14000: Error reported from Hyperion Planning. /Security/Access Permissions/Users:- Errors occurred during synchronization: [com.hyperion.planning.HspRuntimeException: An error occurred while adding user to Essbase.] (Doc ID 1992783.1)"

Cheers

John

This discussion has been closed.