• 3,815,970 Users
  • 2,259,120 Discussions
  • 7,893,349 Comments

Discussions

How to assign process task to a user for approval

Andrew Ruslander
Andrew Ruslander Member Posts: 1
edited Jul 27, 2017 11:10AM in Identity Manager

In OIM, I am interested in having a Process Task for a given Resource Object that, when executed, goes into the approval queue for a user or group and must be manually approved before it executes and the workflow continues.  This seems to be done by utilizing the Assignment tab in the Process Task definition, but I haven't been able to get it to work yet.

Just as a simple test, I created a test Process Task hooked up to a dummy Adapter and tried modifying the Default rule in place and specifying a user in the User column.  However, when I access the Resource History for that Resource Object and manually add the task, it executes immediately without any intervention from the user who I named in the Process Task definition.  Is this a flawed test?  Does manually adding tasks override any configurations for task assignment?  Are there other steps that need to be taken that I have missed?  And finally...maybe this is even a separate discussion...what is the "task assignment adapter" that you can specify in that Assignment tab and is it required for these whole assignment shenanigans to work?  I haven't been able to find any real information out about its purpose and what the two default variables are when creating an adapter of that type.

I am using OIM Design Console version 11.1.2.3.0.0.0.

- Andrew

Tagged:
This discussion has been closed.