• 7,911,601 Comments

Discussions

DISCOVERER Administrator, -Desktop: Identify connection DB-Instance after logon

LPNO
LPNO Member Posts: 128 Blue Ribbon
edited Sep 29, 2017 4:18AM in Discoverer

Wenn starting DISCOVERER Administrator I have to connect with a DB Instance

Dsicoverer Admin Logon.jpg

Once connected I don't find a hint which system I'm connected with. In such conditions it becomes difficult, almost impossible to work with two DISCOVERER Adminstrator windows connected to two different systems like TEST and PROD.

I there a way you can identify the connected system?

Shall I really be forced to write a proper view just to identify the SID of the connected DB? Is there a more straightforward approach to gain windows session identification?

Same question about Discoverer Desktop.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge and advice,

LPNO

Best Answer

• mrigg
    mrigg Member Posts: 98 Blue Ribbon
    edited Aug 11, 2017 8:18AM Answer ✓

In Admin, you can see "Connected to" under Help/Database Information.  I don't think there's a way to see it in Desktop, though.  At least I haven't found it.

I suppose you could add a "dummy" Business Area in Prod with nothing but an empty folder called "This is PROD" (so you could see it if you edit/create a sheet) but you'd have to redo that if you needed to copy one to the other.

Answers

• mrigg
    mrigg Member Posts: 98 Blue Ribbon
    edited Aug 11, 2017 8:18AM Answer ✓

In Admin, you can see "Connected to" under Help/Database Information.  I don't think there's a way to see it in Desktop, though.  At least I haven't found it.

I suppose you could add a "dummy" Business Area in Prod with nothing but an empty folder called "This is PROD" (so you could see it if you edit/create a sheet) but you'd have to redo that if you needed to copy one to the other.

• LPNO
    LPNO Member Posts: 128 Blue Ribbon
    edited Sep 29, 2017 4:18AM

Ok, I like this idea. I will construct a report that shows me the system SID like:

select value from v$parameter where name like '%service_name%';
This discussion has been closed.
apps-infra