- 17.9K All Categories
- 3.4K Industry Applications
- 3.3K Intelligent Advisor
- 62 Insurance
- 536K On-Premises Infrastructure
- 138.2K Analytics Software
- 38.6K Application Development Software
- 5.7K Cloud Platform
- 109.4K Database Software
- 17.5K Enterprise Manager
- 8.8K Hardware
- 71.1K Infrastructure Software
- 105.2K Integration
- 41.5K Security Software
Problems with Oracle Server 7.4 UEK 64 bit
1) The very first issue I faced was not getting pact the install screen when I tried to install andy of the ISO options (V9215(69-73)-01.iso) I downloaded for 7.4 directly via VM Fusion 8.5.8 under OS 10.12.6 (Sierra) on an iMac 5K with 32 GB of RAM and a AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096 MB. This problem was rectified. by downloading all ISO files for 7.3 (V83439(4-8)-01.iso). The V834394-01.iso was the one I used, and it allowed me to complete a full installation of all available packes at installation ans come up in Oracle Linux Server 7.3 UEK 64-bit under VM Fusion. At that time I choose a resolution of 1920 X 1200 (70 Hz). After I got comforable with the interface. I was notified of undates via the Application Installer, which I applied. This brought me up to Oracle LInux Server 7.4 UEK 64-bit under VMFusion on my iMac. Now comes the other issues:
2) The Display, under 7.4, no longer has the resolution selections that 7.3 had. The only choices are as follows: 800 x 600 (4:3), 1024 x 768 (4:3), 1152 x 864 (4:3), 1280 x 768 (16:10), 1280 x 800 (16:10), or 1360 x 768 (16:9). I had to choose 1360 x768 and stretch it to get a large enough scree to really work. Where are the rest of the display congifurations that 7.3 had?????. The latest updates I was notified of today (8/16/2017) had no changes for this. I consider this to be a real hinderance.
3) Why are the applications displayed by the Application Installer, not available? This was true in 7.3 as well as 7.4.
4) Related to 3 - The AkonadriTray loooks like it is installed, but its Akonadi Service will not start. This also seems to hinder display and Background settings.
I could really use some help with eacjh of the issues, especially 2 through 4.