• 3,782,726 Users
  • 2,254,680 Discussions
  • 7,880,148 Comments

Discussions

JCS - Issues with putty access - Server refused our key

3506263 Member Posts: 3
edited Aug 21, 2017 4:53AM in Java Cloud Service

Hi,

We are facing issues when we are trying to login with 'OPC' user. Untill lastweek we were able to login to through with the OPC user and suddenly from this week we are getting error as "Server Refused our key".

Any pointers on this are highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Abhijit Gupta

3506263Narendra ModupalliVikash Mishra-OracleUser_3U06U

Best Answer

• Narendra Modupalli
    Narendra Modupalli Member Posts: 21 Red Ribbon
    edited Aug 21, 2017 2:39AM Accepted Answer

Hi Abhijith,

Recently we faced the same issues and after investigating thoroughly we found the root cause for this.

To resolve this issue, go to my services and restart your the appropriate JCS service that you have created. Once the restart is successful then try to access the putty then it will go through.

The main reasons behind for the issues - "server refused our key" is changing the root permissions for the opc folder structure.

1. The permissions for the OPC directory structure would have been changed. By default it would be 700 and someone would have changed to 777 for some reasons.

2. From winscp, we will copy the files from external directory to JCS server directory /home/opc/. By default the permission of the file would be 700

3. To grant super access generally users will change the permission from 700 to 777, so that the files will be available throughout the environment.

4. Once the permission would have been changed then it will be working only for that particular session. Once you are out of that session then it doesn't allow you to have access with OPC user. (Still we can login with Oracle user).

5. Once we restart the instance then it will reset the file permissions and we can able to access it with opc.

6. We are trying to find out to resolve this issue without the restart. If we get through then I'll share that one as well. Until then I found that this is the only option to reset it again.

Note - If someone want to copy the files to JCS directory structure, then it would be better to copy to /tmp folder directly.

Thanks & Regards,

Narendra Chowdary M.

3506263Vikash Mishra-OracleUser_3U06U

Answers

• Narendra Modupalli
    Narendra Modupalli Member Posts: 21 Red Ribbon
    edited Aug 21, 2017 2:39AM Accepted Answer

Hi Abhijith,

Recently we faced the same issues and after investigating thoroughly we found the root cause for this.

To resolve this issue, go to my services and restart your the appropriate JCS service that you have created. Once the restart is successful then try to access the putty then it will go through.

The main reasons behind for the issues - "server refused our key" is changing the root permissions for the opc folder structure.

1. The permissions for the OPC directory structure would have been changed. By default it would be 700 and someone would have changed to 777 for some reasons.

2. From winscp, we will copy the files from external directory to JCS server directory /home/opc/. By default the permission of the file would be 700

3. To grant super access generally users will change the permission from 700 to 777, so that the files will be available throughout the environment.

4. Once the permission would have been changed then it will be working only for that particular session. Once you are out of that session then it doesn't allow you to have access with OPC user. (Still we can login with Oracle user).

5. Once we restart the instance then it will reset the file permissions and we can able to access it with opc.

6. We are trying to find out to resolve this issue without the restart. If we get through then I'll share that one as well. Until then I found that this is the only option to reset it again.

Note - If someone want to copy the files to JCS directory structure, then it would be better to copy to /tmp folder directly.

Thanks & Regards,

Narendra Chowdary M.

3506263Vikash Mishra-OracleUser_3U06U
    edited Aug 21, 2017 3:12AM

Thanks Narendra for your quick response, we will restart the server and check.

Regards,

Abhijit Gupta

edited Aug 21, 2017 4:53AM

Now I am able to login successfully.

Thanks,

Abhijit

Narendra Modupalli
This discussion has been closed.