• 2,252,713 Discussions
  • 7,874,327 Comments

Discussions

Evaluation Order needed?

JanGLi
JanGLi Member Posts: 649 Bronze Badge
edited Aug 24, 2017 4:25AM in Planning and Budgeting

Hi,

I just wanted to know do we always need evaluation order for better performance of data forms? or it is only required when there are different data types being used in a data form?

E.g.

If i have unspecified or numeric data type only being used on my data form. Will evaluation order have any effect on my data form?

Regards

Best Answer

• JohnGoodwin
    JohnGoodwin Member Posts: 30,471 Blue Diamond
    edited Aug 24, 2017 3:40AM Accepted Answer

It is not for performance it just for the order the dimension member data types are evaluated - Setting the Evaluation Order

From the link

"The Evaluation Order tab enables you to specify which data type prevails when a data intersection has conflicting data types."

and

"You need select only dimensions whose members have specific data types (that is, their data type is not “Unspecified”). The data type “Unspecified” does not conflict with another data type."

Cheers

John

Answers

• JohnGoodwin
    JohnGoodwin Member Posts: 30,471 Blue Diamond
    edited Aug 24, 2017 3:40AM Accepted Answer

It is not for performance it just for the order the dimension member data types are evaluated - Setting the Evaluation Order

From the link

"The Evaluation Order tab enables you to specify which data type prevails when a data intersection has conflicting data types."

and

"You need select only dimensions whose members have specific data types (that is, their data type is not “Unspecified”). The data type “Unspecified” does not conflict with another data type."

Cheers

John

• JanGLi
    JanGLi Member Posts: 649 Bronze Badge
    edited Aug 24, 2017 4:25AM

thanks for help.

Regards

This discussion has been closed.