• 3,769,813 Users
  • 2,253,023 Discussions
  • 7,875,213 Comments

Discussions

FR Report Does Not Open via Simplified Interface

MichaelCHy
MichaelCHy Member Posts: 119
edited Aug 29, 2017 8:29AM in Planning and Budgeting

Hello Community, hoping anyone is having the same issue. I already logged an SR. I have several reports created via FR Studio. I tried to open via Navigator->Reports but, the error response is, "{Report Name] does not exist in repository". However, when I run in Repository the reports open with no problem. Anyone having the same issue?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• USER1211
    USER1211 Member Posts: 3,104
    edited Aug 28, 2017 1:56PM Accepted Answer

Could not replicate your issue in a PBCS pod.

The reports ran fine from the Simplified Interface(Navigator--> Report and select the applicable report via HTML view) with Firefox ESR.

So can you confirm the user has the proper FR access and that you have refreshed the security on the report and/or folder which the report exist in?

Does the issue happen in reports just with Prompts?

If you build a fresh simple new report with all dimension(one member per dimension is fine)  in the row or column and use an user account which has the  Oracle Hyperion role Service Administrator  and one which does not have Service Administrator  note if you get the error.

Answers

• USER1211
    edited Aug 24, 2017 4:01PM

Are you  on premise 11.1.2.4.X? EPBCS? PBCS?.

The belief is the FR DB connection is Planning correct?

Also do you have full admin rights and have full access to the reports folders?

• MichaelCHy
    edited Aug 24, 2017 4:44PM
  • USER1211
    edited Aug 24, 2017 5:15PM

For clarity you are talking about the web studio correct? and also have you tried with different browsers?(e.g Firefox ESR)

• MichaelCHy
    edited Aug 25, 2017 11:28AM

Thank you, I used a non admin user and the report ran in IE but, not in Google Chrome

• USER1211
    edited Aug 25, 2017 11:31AM

So you are stating the issue is only with a specific browser as if you used a full administrator account you also still get the error in the specific browser?

• MichaelCHy
    edited Aug 28, 2017 11:03AM

I am testing with my colleague and he also is experiencing issues in opening reports via the Simplified interface. We both can run reports with no issue in the Repository. Regardless of the browser.

• USER1211
    edited Aug 28, 2017 11:14AM

Not clear on what the status is as in a prior pot you specially stated you ran the report IE but not Chrome. Now your last statement is saying the issue is regardless of browser

For clarity  might help to list exactly what you have tested by "Role" and "By Browser" and the results

Full Admin account and Firefox ESR -

Full Admin account and IE11 -

Full Admin account and Chrome -

Standard Account account and Firefox ESR -

etc

• MichaelCHy
    edited Aug 28, 2017 12:09PM

Thank you, Understood, have full admin on all browsers. I did have a non admin user access the reports in the simplified interface on Friday but, now, I tested with my colleague and both of us are getting the same error message, "Report does not exist in repository" when attempting to open with simplified interface. We both can run reports in repository with no issue. This is present for Internet Explorer, Google Chrome & Firefox.

• USER1211
    edited Aug 28, 2017 1:56PM Accepted Answer

Could not replicate your issue in a PBCS pod.

The reports ran fine from the Simplified Interface(Navigator--> Report and select the applicable report via HTML view) with Firefox ESR.

So can you confirm the user has the proper FR access and that you have refreshed the security on the report and/or folder which the report exist in?

Does the issue happen in reports just with Prompts?

If you build a fresh simple new report with all dimension(one member per dimension is fine)  in the row or column and use an user account which has the  Oracle Hyperion role Service Administrator  and one which does not have Service Administrator  note if you get the error.

• MichaelCHy
    edited Aug 28, 2017 4:55PM

Hello, your advice worked. I created a sample report and, realized it worked. It was saved at Root. I had reports written within some folders I had created. After I moved the reports from those folders to root. Opening reports in the simplified directory worked. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.