• 3,815,220 Users
  • 2,258,979 Discussions
  • 7,893,004 Comments

Discussions

Discoverer Viewer - Delete saved personal Worksheets

LPNO
LPNO Member Posts: 128 Blue Ribbon
edited Sep 15, 2017 8:20AM in Discoverer

We use Discoverer with OEBS. Exploring unknown function in Discoverer Viewer I saved some personal copies of workbooks, several times.

These are now prominently cluster my report selection tree. I can't tolerate this, I need a clean up of the reporting tree.

Searching the web I found this:https://support.oracle.com/knowledge/Enterprise%20Performance%20Management%20and%20Business%20Intelligence/389441_1.html

Not very helpful. As Sysadmin I should have all the rights for cleaning up. How can delete these debris of my explorations? These personal workbooks entries have to be stored somewhere and should be deleteable by SYSADMIN?

Disco_viewer_001.PNG

Best Answer

• LPNO
    edited Sep 15, 2017 8:20AM Answer ✓

Meanwhile I got a tip by an internal expert. When saving in DISCOVERER VIEWER, a copy of the report is saved in the database for the current user. In DISCOVERER Viewer this report can nomore be deleted, but it is possible to do that in DISCOVERER DESKTOP when using the credentials of that user.

DELETE DISCOVERER REPORT.PNG

Here only these personally copied reports are visible, and can be deleted from the menu of the Discoverer Desktop.

This solves the problem.

Answers

• LPNO
    edited Sep 15, 2017 8:20AM Answer ✓

Meanwhile I got a tip by an internal expert. When saving in DISCOVERER VIEWER, a copy of the report is saved in the database for the current user. In DISCOVERER Viewer this report can nomore be deleted, but it is possible to do that in DISCOVERER DESKTOP when using the credentials of that user.

DELETE DISCOVERER REPORT.PNG

Here only these personally copied reports are visible, and can be deleted from the menu of the Discoverer Desktop.

This solves the problem.

This discussion has been closed.