Forum Stats

• 3,838,690 Users
  • 2,262,394 Discussions
  • 7,900,732 Comments

Discussions

OID to OUD EUS users migration

Has anyone ever successfully done a migration of users and passwords from OID to OUD?

We have an existing user base in our OID server, and I'd like to migrate to OUD. I set up a new OUD installation and a test database, and I was able to register the database with DBCA to OUD. I can also create new users in OUD and these are able to connect to the test database. I also could import the existing user base via LDAF files. But the old OID password hashes are in SASL-MD5 format, which OUD doesn't support natively, as it seems.

I found: https://blogs.oracle.com/sduloutr/migration-from-oid-to-oud%3a-adapting-eus-metadata/comment-submitted?cid=e2492fce-460a… , which illustrates on the need to have the old hash in the orclcommonrpwdattribute attribute. I extended the OUD servers schema by editing /u01/Middleware/Oracle_OUD1/config/schema/05-oraclefa.ldif:

#objectClasses: ( 2.16.840.1.113894.7.2.1002 NAME 'orclUser' SUP top AUXILIARY MAY ( orclGlobalID $ userPKCS12 $ orclPKCS12Hint $ orclPassword ) )

objectClasses: ( 2.16.840.1.113894.7.2.1002 NAME 'orclUser' SUP top AUXILIARY MAY ( orclGlobalID $ userPKCS12 $ orclPKCS12Hint $ orclPassword $ orclcommonrpwdattribute ) )

But this doesn't seem to work.

Also, do I migrate to {SASL-MD5} hashes in the userPassword attribute later? Will EUS update and provide this attribute?

I learned from Oracle Support an OID to OUD migration was not supported.

Really interested in whether anyone did have success in this.

Tagged:
This discussion has been closed.