• 2,262,193 Discussions
  • 7,900,114 Comments

Discussions

Performing sub consolidate

JanGLi
JanGLi Member Posts: 650 Bronze Badge
edited Oct 10, 2017 11:20AM in Financial Consolidation

Hi,

I am using default consolidation in HFM 11.1.2.4 which i intend to keep.

But for one specific account at Parent Entity i don't want to use default consolidate instead i wanted to just though a figure from another account... I will keep my account not as Isconsolidate so that default consolidation doesn't work on it. But when i comes to throwing data from another account on my required account when Parent Entity is selected... i can't do it... any idea how can i achieve this?

Regards

Tagged:
User_H4Y14

Answers

• ericerikson
    ericerikson Member Posts: 608 Bronze Trophy
    edited Oct 9, 2017 8:12AM

Hi. If you don’t want to use consolidation rules then look at the HS.GetCell function and use it in the Calculate subroutine.

Eric

• JanGLi
    edited Oct 9, 2017 9:01AM

But i can't throw data on parent member.

• ericerikson
    ericerikson Member Posts: 608 Bronze Trophy
    edited Oct 9, 2017 10:15AM

Hi. No you can’t push data to a parent entity but you can pull it into the entity. In your rules use if/then to check for the entity and then run the calc to pull the data.

Eric

• JanGLi
    edited Oct 9, 2017 10:48AM

Thanks for reply. I hope this diagrams clear things a little bit more.

pastedImage_0.png

I can pull data from entity a1->account A but how can i throw it on entity a1 parent->account a?

As per my knowledge it is not possible using sub calculate routines. I was wondering if it is possible via sub consolidate routines (if they exist )

Regards

• User_H4Y14
    User_H4Y14 Member Posts: 116 Red Ribbon
    edited Oct 9, 2017 12:09PM

Why do you need to disable the Consolidation Status of the Account? You can keep it enabled, when you do a OpenDataUnit in your Sub Consolidate routine, based on the account, using HS.Con, you can post an [Elimination Entry] as well as a [Proportion] entry based on your requirements. Another way to do this is to keep a separate account in a alternate hierarchy, copy the value during run-time to the main account if there is value and based on that perform the calculations. I am really not too sure why you want a particular account to be not consolidated and still keep it in the hierarchy. If you do not want an account to be consolidated, keep it outside the hierarchy. But if you still needs values of it to be calculated in some place, get the value using HS.GetCell as mentioned by Eric in SubCalculate from the other account and calculate your Goodwill account in the base entity, you can also create a dummy entity under the parent entity just for your Goodwill calculation.

• Jeo123
    Jeo123 Member Posts: 515 Gold Badge
    edited Oct 10, 2017 11:20AM

Unless you specifically know you need the consolidate routine, you probably shouldn't be in it.  The reasons for using it are relatively limited and definitely don't fit here.  You're talking about a situation where you need the calculate routine, but want it run on a parent level entity.

Most calculate rules include an if statement to do things like only run on a base entity. 

Basically something like:

If HS.Entity.IsBase("","") Then

Do normal Calculations

End If

You need your new rule to run at parent level entities, or a particular entity(can't tell which but the concept is the same)

Do normal Calculations

Else

Do your special calculation

End If

Or if you want this to run on only one entity

Do normal Calculations

Elseif HS.Entity.Member = "Entity A1 Parent"

Do your special calculation

End If

User_H4Y14