• 3,836,789 Users
  • 2,262,190 Discussions
  • 7,900,110 Comments

Discussions

HFM Consolidation aborts at HS.Clear statement

3424598 Member Posts: 6
edited Oct 10, 2017 5:03PM in Financial Consolidation

Hello Everyone,

I am facing a consolidation abort issue due to an HS.Clear statement.

I am trying to clear data from a certain intersection only for 2017 for a particular entity, by using the below command placed in sub Calculate()

HS.Clear.PNG

The rules get loaded, however consolidation gets aborted with the below error. I get the same error regardless of what I specify as C1 in HS.Clear. Tried specifying [None] as this is where the data sits in C1, but no luck.

HS.Clear Error.PNG

Your help is much appreciated!

Thanks!

Tagged:

Answers

• Jeo123
    Jeo123 Member Posts: 515 Gold Badge
    edited Oct 10, 2017 11:31AM

1) Not sure why you're using something like IsEqual here... If iPOVYear = "2017" Then works just fine.  VB can compare integers and strings without issue

2) You currently don't have any Custom1 defined.  What is the rule you're actually trying to use and test?

• User_H4Y14
    User_H4Y14 Member Posts: 116 Red Ribbon
    edited Oct 10, 2017 11:55AM

Your rule is wrong, you cannot put Entity in a HS.Clear statement. Also as Jeo mentioned, why do you need to use a function for just doing "=" check? and where is your C1 (its absolutely fine if you would want to clear all custom1 members for that particular intersection you have specified). But I would request you to see the admin guide first for the syntax of any function for which you get errors.

• CBarbieri
    CBarbieri Member Posts: 1,011 Gold Trophy
    edited Oct 10, 2017 4:01PM

You cannot use Year or entity dimensions on this function. Remove them. I believe the error message is misleading because you don't specify the Custom1 dimension in your rule, therefore the function will clear all valid combinations of Custom1. The error is probably "confused" by having the Entity or Year dimensions specified.

- Chris

• FREB
    FREB Member Posts: 29 Blue Ribbon
    edited Oct 10, 2017 5:03PM

Hello,

This is a common mistake that is easily prevented by never using one of the process unit dimensions (Year, Period, Scenario, Entity) in the target POV of a HS.Exp or HS.Clear. Information can be sourced from another process unit but Sub Calculate is always writing into the current process unit so this information is unnecessary and will cause error if the context is not correct.

The HS.Con function can write into a different Entity of the same node (and same current Year/Period/Scenario) but this function can only be used into the Sub Consolidate.

This discussion has been closed.