• 2,262,203 Discussions
  • 7,900,135 Comments

Discussions

SOA 11.1.1.7 to 12.2.1.3 migration issue

lhymel
lhymel Member Posts: 114 Blue Ribbon
edited Oct 12, 2017 1:39AM in SOA Suite Discusssions

Hey everyone,

I am having an issue with a migrated project from 11.1.1.7 to 12.2.1.3. This is a SOA/BPM application and everything appears to have been successful in migration, however when building the composite .jar file, I am receiving a new error message:

[scac] java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "C:\j\jre\bin\java.exe" (in directory "."): CreateProcess error=206, The filename or extension is too long
[scac]     at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1048)
[scac]     at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:620)
[scac]     at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.launcher.Java13CommandLauncher.exec(Java13CommandLauncher.java:58)
[scac]     at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Execute.launch(Execute.java:426)
[scac]     at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Execute.execute(Execute.java:440)
[scac]     at oracle.soa.scac.scac.fork(scac.java:658)
[scac]     at oracle.soa.scac.scac.executeJava(scac.java:259)
[scac]     at oracle.soa.scac.scac.execute(scac.java:225)
[scac]     at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:293)
[scac]     at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
[scac]     at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
[scac]     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
[scac]     at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:106)
[scac]     at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
[scac]     at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:435)
[scac]     at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:456)
[scac]     at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeSortedTargets(Project.java:1405)
[scac]     at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1376)
[scac]     at org.apache.tools.ant.helper.DefaultExecutor.executeTargets(DefaultExecutor.java:41)
[scac]     at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1260)
[scac]     at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.runBuild(Main.java:857)
[scac]     at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.startAnt(Main.java:236)
[scac]     at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.start(Main.java:199)
[scac]     at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.main(Main.java:287)
[scac] Caused by: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess error=206, The filename or extension is too long
[scac]     at java.lang.ProcessImpl.create(Native Method)
[scac]     at java.lang.ProcessImpl.<init>(ProcessImpl.java:386)
[scac]     at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:137)
[scac]     at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1029)
[scac]     ... 23 more

snip1.png

After research it seems to be a classpath length issue, so I went into the ant build file and started to move some of the directories containing the many .jar files directly to the c:\ drive in order to shorten the path as much as possible. I updated the build file to point to this new location. However, the issue is not going away. We did have this issue for a short time on the previous version, but it was remedied by making the source directory path, oracle_home path, and java_home path as short as possible. I am about to reinstall the jdeveloper to shorten the oracle home path some more, but before I go through that again, is there anything simple I am missing? Am I at least on the right track here? Thanks for any insight.

Best Answer

• lhymel
    lhymel Member Posts: 114 Blue Ribbon
    edited Oct 11, 2017 1:10PM Answer ✓

Well I still don't know the root of the issue, but I have resolved my issue by reinstalling the BPM Suite Jdev to a much smaller path oracle_home (C:\s\). No longer getting this error when trying to build the .jar. Something must be up in my project content causing this since fresh projects compile without issue.

Answers

This discussion has been closed.