• 3,838,691 Users
  • 2,262,394 Discussions
  • 7,900,734 Comments

Discussions

The form (XXX) is invalid.

Muhammad Jahanzeb
Muhammad Jahanzeb Member Posts: 51 Red Ribbon
edited Jan 11, 2018 6:17AM in Planning and Budgeting

I have two environments test and production.I performed migration on production environment from test. After migration, while opening some forms in production an error occured: The Form (XXX) is invalid. Three Dimensions adjusted in row and One in Column and all Members are set as "Level O Descendants". Form is showing the Error of being invalid upon Opening.

After some R&D on web, I have tried following to resolve issue but no benefit:

• QUERYRESULTLIMIT INCST 100000000 in essbase.cfg file.
  • Changed heap size to -Xms 2048m & -Xmx6144m.
  • Enabled supress missing block and rows in the data form.
  • Logged in from admin's user.
  • No member formula.

Anyone please help me to resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Muhammad Jahanzeb.

Muhammad Jahanzeb

Best Answer

Answers

• JohnGoodwin
    JohnGoodwin Member Posts: 30,471 Blue Diamond
    edited Oct 11, 2017 7:10AM

So are you saying the form works in the test environment and the production application is exactly the same as the test application but generates an error?

Some areas to check, make sure you have refreshed from planning to essbase to verify all members exist on the essbase side, check the essbase application log when running the form, check the caches such as the data cache are set correctly on the essbase database.

Cheers

John

• Sidharda Chava
    Sidharda Chava Member Posts: 124 Blue Ribbon
    edited Oct 12, 2017 12:56AM

In any of the row members or column members do you have dynamic member with formula?

Muhammad JahanzebMuhammad Jahanzeb
  • Muhammad Jahanzeb
    edited Nov 8, 2017 7:56AM

No dynamic member formula

• Sh!va
    Sh!va Member Posts: 1,035 Gold Badge
    edited Nov 8, 2017 8:07AM

Is there any formula ..can you edit the design of form and check if you see "None" value in any field?

Did you checked logs Planning and essbase application logs, so that we can get some more clue.?

Cheers!

Sh!va

• JohnGoodwin
    edited Nov 8, 2017 8:54AM
    JohnGoodwin wrote:So are you saying the form works in the test environment and the production application is exactly the same as the test application but generates an error?Some areas to check, make sure you have refreshed from planning to essbase to verify all members exist on the essbase side, check the essbase application log when running the form, check the caches such as the data cache are set correctly on the essbase database.CheersJohn

Did you check the areas I put in my original reply?

• Sidharda Chava
    Sidharda Chava Member Posts: 124 Blue Ribbon
    edited Nov 8, 2017 9:07PM

What is the Cartesian product of the members in rows vs dimensions. anyways 100 Million is huge limit,

You may first try just retrieving parents and see if the form do fetches any records. why parents only is because it drastically reduces grid size any size limitations will not hinder grid rendering.

• Muhammad Jahanzeb
    edited Nov 9, 2017 6:08AM

Caches are set to accurate value according to formulas.

We get an error in essbase log: "" QUERYRESULTLIMIT  exceeds the current limit.""

• Muhammad Jahanzeb
    edited Nov 9, 2017 6:17AM

Cartesian product is 132 million.

We are already retrieving parents.

• JohnGoodwin
    edited Nov 9, 2017 6:23AM

Well there is your reason, I would be more concerned about the form design as the limit is already set to a large value.

• Muhammad Jahanzeb
    edited Nov 15, 2017 5:15AM

So as the value of Cartesian product is huge.  Is it any other way to open large amount of data form?

This discussion has been closed.