Data on Form/Report from different Essbase Plans — oracle-tech

Forum Stats

• 3,702,306 Users
  • 2,239,629 Discussions
  • 7,835,899 Comments

Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Data on Form/Report from different Essbase Plans

JanGLiJanGLi Posts: 646
edited October 2017 in Planning and Budgeting

Hi,

How to view data of two essbase plans on single form or report? is it possible?

For simplicity let me present a scenario. I have 20 products P1 to P10 and A1 to A10. I want to compare my sales for P series products with A series product,

pastedImage_5.png

Any idea if it is possible?

I was thinking maybe it can be done in Oracle BI? importing both plans as separate data source?

Regards

Best Answer

• USER1211USER1211 Posts: 3,104
    edited October 2017 Accepted Answer

The belief is you are on Premise(e.g Hyperion Planning 11.1.2.4.006) even though you have not stated such.

You can use Hyperion Financial Reporting with two data grids. One grid for each of your data source.

Notably any solution requires you go ahead and do your detail testing to get the view of the report to meet your overall requirement.

Good luck.

Answers

edited October 2017 Accepted Answer

The belief is you are on Premise(e.g Hyperion Planning 11.1.2.4.006) even though you have not stated such.

You can use Hyperion Financial Reporting with two data grids. One grid for each of your data source.

Notably any solution requires you go ahead and do your detail testing to get the view of the report to meet your overall requirement.

Good luck.

• JanGLiJanGLi Posts: 646
    edited October 2017

thanks for help. just wanted to confirm one more thing.

Can we play with data from different data sources? e.g.

subtract two values and show the result on report?

Regards

edited October 2017

You could certainly seek to do such. As mentioned though it really depends on your overall requirements and your testing : )  to ensure it functions as you expect and is feasible(e.g is not a large amount of maintenance).

JanGLi
  • JanGLiJanGLi Posts: 646
    edited October 2017

got it.

thanks for help.

Regards

This discussion has been closed.