• 3,836,897 Users
  • 2,262,204 Discussions
  • 7,900,138 Comments

Discussions

Getting 'Referenced Catalog Object Inaccessible' after dahsboard migration

Charles M
Charles M Member Posts: 808 Silver Badge

Hi All -

I have a bit of a situation. I just migrated some dashboards from UAT to Production. Unfortunately, I am not able view them properly.

Here is an example:

pastedImage_0.png

I can see that there is an issue when I go to edit any of them:

pastedImage_1.png

It throws an "Referenced Catalog Object inaccessible" error:

pastedImage_2.png

I do recall that something like this happening to us in the past. However, this time, our developer is not available to assist. I did try to delete the object, and move the one from the catalog back ... but, it still shows the same error/warning (this is what I recall we did previously).

Hoping I can get some help with this. Thanks in advance!!

OBIA 11.1.1.10.1 / OBIEE 11.1.1.9.3

Regards,

Charles

Pedro F

Best Answer

• Pedro F
    Pedro F Member Posts: 161 Bronze Badge
    edited Nov 17, 2017 10:42AM Answer ✓

Hi Charles,

I see the problem now. You're re-adding the object directly from the dashboard page itself, so you're basically adding the same thing there so if the object already has an invalid reference, you're adding the same thing there, it won't work.

What you need to do is, for example, find out where that object (dashboard prompt) "Oracle Fusion - NPNP Prompt" is located and add it from the folder where the object is stored in the catalog. That will solve your issue and you won't have invalid references.

Answers

• ArijitC
    ArijitC Member Posts: 203 Blue Ribbon
    edited Nov 16, 2017 2:15PM

Most likely your path to the report is changed. . Drop that from the dashboard and add them back from the source.

Or report may be dropped from the source.

Thanks

Arijit

Charles M
  • Venkata Rachuri
    Venkata Rachuri Member Posts: 194
    edited Nov 16, 2017 2:17PM

Check out this document

Dashboard Error: "Referenced Catalog Object Inaccessible" (Doc ID 2180853.1)

Oracle support has suggestted bunch of solutions to address this problem

Thanks

Venkat

Charles M
  • Charles M
    edited Nov 16, 2017 2:18PM

Thanks Arijit. Is this something I can do from the catalog manager?

Could you shoot a couple more quick details about the process to do this?

Charles

• Charles M
    edited Nov 16, 2017 5:01PM
    Check out this documentDashboard Error: "Referenced Catalog Object Inaccessible" (Doc ID 2180853.1) Oracle support has suggestted bunch of solutions to address this problem 

Thanks Venkata. I have looked at that and tried some of the suggestions ... it did not resolve this issue, as of yet.

I don't know that the others apply. The method I used was to archive in UAT, and then unarchive in production - these were the instructions given to me.

Charles

• Charles M
    edited Nov 16, 2017 2:34PM
    Most likely your path to the report is changed. . Drop that from the dashboard and add them back from the source.Or report may be dropped from the source.

Ok ... I think you could be correct here. I can see that one of the folders does not have the same name. Take a look (from the catalog manager):

UAT:

pastedImage_4.png

> .../ BI Reports /...

Production:

pastedImage_5.png

> .../ BI Folder /...

Knowing this, how do I go about making the change(s)?

Regards,

Charles

• ArijitC
    edited Nov 16, 2017 2:41PM

How many dashboard and dashboard pages we are talking about ? Can you do that manually?

go to edit dashboard...drag the same report from "BI Folder" of production to your dashboard section ...delete the existing one. save.

Thanks

Arijit

• ArijitC
    edited Nov 16, 2017 2:44PM

Other option is change the folder name in production.  Then if you need to call it BI Folder the rename after that but this time with this option

pastedImage_0.png

Thanks

Arijit

• ArijitC
    edited Nov 16, 2017 2:47PM

I mean to say First rename to BI Reports and  verify dashboards. Then rename folder in production back to Bi Folder by clicking option

pastedImage_0.png

• Pedro F
    Pedro F Member Posts: 161 Bronze Badge
    edited Nov 16, 2017 3:32PM

Personally, not a fan of that at all. If you rename things, you should do things properly and fix the references (use catalog manager or runcat.sh for that) so you don't have shortcuts laying around in your catalog.

@Charles: For now, you can obviously try to do a quick fix so you have things working. However, what you need to ask your developer is why do you have a catalog folder structure that is different in UAT and PROD. That will cause issues as you're experiencing first-hand.

• Charles M
    edited Nov 16, 2017 3:59PM

Thanks Pedro. I actually wasn't able to get the new dashboards working, using any of the methods discussed. I'm re-assessing the situation as a whole, since we have many existing dashboards that are currently working within this configuration.

Charles

This discussion has been closed.