Actionable Notification : actions buttons on the email notification are not displayed — oracle-tech

Forum Stats

• 3,702,034 Users
  • 2,239,551 Discussions
  • 7,835,724 Comments

Discussions

Actionable Notification : actions buttons on the email notification are not displayed

edited February 2018 in Identity Manager

Hello,

I have implemented an Approval Workflow in OIM  and although I have enabled the "Make notification Actionable" in the ApprovalTask.task Notification tab, the email notification doesn't contain the actions buttons.

We have implemented other approval workflows in the past and the actionable notifications work fine. I have encountered this issue just now with this new implementation.

Any ideas on what could be wrong?

Thanks,

Adriana

Tagged:
Ioanna Kat-OracleAdriana Nikolatou-OracleAmy Childress-Oracle

Best Answer

• edited February 2018 Accepted Answer

Hello,

I finally found that in our old workflows, that also assign tasks to multiple users, the actionable links are displayed because the property  enableAutoClaim is set to true.

In this case the actions Approve, Reject and Claim are available for the assignees, so Approve and Reject are also available as actionable links.

I added the tag  <enableAutoClaim>true</enableAutoClaim> manually inside the ApprovalTask.task file because I cannot find how to configure this property from the Design view of JDeveloper. But it worked.

Best regards,

Adriana

Amy Childress-Oracle

Answers

• edited December 2017

Hello Adriana,

The issue could be caused by a few different things - depending upon the version of OIM/SOA that you are using, the settings used for notifications and the method you've used to make the update.

If you're on 11.1.2.2 OIM (which uses 11.1.1.7.x SOA) - the issue could be caused by a missing mandatory patch - the SOA 11.1.1.7.8 Bundle Patch.  This issue is documented in Note.1960424.1  Missing Action Button for Approve/Reject in Email Notification and the mandatory patches for OIM SOA installations can be found in Note.1641787.1  SOA Bundle Patch Requirements for 11.1.2.0.x , 11.1.2.1.x, 11.1.2.2.x and 11.1.2.3.x Versions Oracle Identity Manager (OIM).

If the issue is specific to a certain user then it might be that the user was notified of the task due to the task configuration settings but that user is not actually an approver for the task.  The action buttons will only appear for those users who have permissions to act on the task.  Another issue related to this cause is found in Note.1677582.1  Actionable Links are Missing when Email is Sent to an Address derived from the Payload.

The issue also might happen if you've used the SOA Composer application to make the update to the task configuration setting but failed to commit the changes after saving them.  Or if you updated in JDeveloper then redeployed the composite using the same version number (indicates there's also a possibility there's an older version of the task configuration settings in the $DOMAIN_HOME/servers/SOASERVERX/dc directories - in which case you can force a refresh by shutting down SOA, emptying the directory and restarting.  This will pull the current deployment files from MDS to be recompiled and deployed upon the SOA managed servers startup.).

Hope that helps,
    Amy
    -----
    When closing a thread as answered remember to mark the correct and helpful posts to make it easier for others to find them.

Ioanna Kat-OracleAdriana Nikolatou-Oracle
  • edited December 2017

Hello Amy,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I think that the issue is not caused by a missing patch, since it works for other workflows (but I will check it).

Also, the users are approvers and have permissions to act on the task.

So I will try your last suggestion to  refresh the $DOMAIN_HOME/servers/SOASERVERX/dc directories.

thanks again,

Adriana

Ioanna Kat-Oracle
  • edited February 2018

Hello,

I have tried the clean of $DOMAIN_HOME/servers/SOASERVERX/dc as Amy  suggested, but nothing changed.

However I think that now I understand what is happening. The new workflow assigns the task to more than one users, and they must claim the task before approve/reject the task.

So it seems that since that they cannot approve/reject the task when they receive the notification (because they haven't claim it yet) the actionable links are not available.

Is it possible to have actionable link for the Claim action in the notification email (and then receive a notification again with the links for Approve/Reject)? Or could any assignee approve/reject the task without the need of claiming it first?

I mean, the actionable notifications cannot work in case we have more than one assignees. How could we keep the actionable notifications functionality in this case?

Thanks,

Adriana

• edited February 2018 Accepted Answer

Hello,

I finally found that in our old workflows, that also assign tasks to multiple users, the actionable links are displayed because the property  enableAutoClaim is set to true.

In this case the actions Approve, Reject and Claim are available for the assignees, so Approve and Reject are also available as actionable links.

I added the tag  <enableAutoClaim>true</enableAutoClaim> manually inside the ApprovalTask.task file because I cannot find how to configure this property from the Design view of JDeveloper. But it worked.

Best regards,

Adriana

Amy Childress-Oracle
This discussion has been closed.