Forum Stats

• 3,817,367 Users
  • 2,259,322 Discussions
  • 7,893,760 Comments

Discussions

Can I download all Discoverer workbooks to my computer?

3364494 Member Posts: 1
edited Dec 19, 2017 3:16PM in Discoverer

Hi,

I need to download all of our Discoverer workbooks onto my machine (in separate .dis files) so I can upload them into a version control system. I believe this is possible using the command line but I cannot seem to find any instructions. Can anybody help please?

Thanks in advance!

LPNO

Answers

• sbeck-Oracle
    sbeck-Oracle Member Posts: 116 Employee
    edited Dec 19, 2017 3:16PM

Workbooks are stored in the Database in Binary.  Use of the command line (or Discoverer Administrator) would create an eex file, not dis file.  The only to create a dis file is to logon to Discoverer Desktop, open the workbook and do a Save As.  This is NOT recommended at all.  Mostly due to enhancements made to the web editions (Plus and Viewer) and settings would be lost.

You can use Discoverer Administrator (GUI) to create the eex files.  Once logged on as the EUL owner, use pull down File / Export... and choose Selected objects from the EUL.  On the next screen choose Workbooks from the pull down.  Highlight everything listed in the Available list and move it to the Selected list. 

Please see Note 1337776.1 (How To Migrate Discoverer Workbooks From One Instance To Another) for an example eulapi command.  Also review EUL Java Command Line documentation located :

https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E28280_01/bi.1111/b40108/toc.htm

Regards,

Sharon

LPNO
This discussion has been closed.