• 2,253,082 Discussions
  • 7,875,367 Comments

Discussions

how about load balancer for JCS-SX S2 or S4

owen.liu-Oracle
owen.liu-Oracle Member Posts: 29 Employee
edited Jan 9, 2018 1:04PM in Java Cloud Service

Hi Experts,

just wondering if customer choose JCS-SX S2 or S4, the load balancer will be preconfigured when provision?

how about JCS-SX load balancer mechanism.

Answers

• Vikash Mishra-Oracle
    Vikash Mishra-Oracle Member Posts: 61
    edited Dec 30, 2017 12:15AM

Hi Owen,

Yes it will be pre-configured to do least-response-time. I looked around the docs and I don't think we ever documented this. Here is JCS-SX docs - https://docs.oracle.com/en/cloud/paas/javase-cloud/index.html

But rest assured we auto-configure load balancer and LRU is the algorithm we use to ensure that we don't send requests to misbehaving or not-responding nodes.

The documentation of the same is underway.

Regards

Vikash

owen.liu-Oracle
  • oladayo.s
    oladayo.s Member Posts: 48 Red Ribbon
    edited Dec 30, 2017 6:00PM

as pre Vikash's reply, this is true as i have used the JCS SX s2, s4 in the past and the LRU algorithm for the loadbalancers works fine. note however you will not have any control over these. And another thing to put into consideration is the concept of noisy neighbours. The JCS SX is provisioned on a shared host so you may experience degraded performance when there's a heavy usage on your host. Generally, it is a good service

owen.liu-Oracle
  • owen.liu-Oracle
    owen.liu-Oracle Member Posts: 29 Employee
    edited Jan 1, 2018 10:25PM

Hi Vikash,

thanks for your suggestion,further questions if S4 is the maximum provision for JCS-SX?

if customer decide to purchase two s4 instances whether we also could pre-configured Load Balancer between them? because customer is care about response to potential heavy traffic.

if not is there any approach to deal with this requirement?

• oladayo.s
    oladayo.s Member Posts: 48 Red Ribbon
    edited Jan 9, 2018 1:04PM

That's not a possible option. The only option possible after s4 is for the customer to acquire the JCS PaaS instance.

This discussion has been closed.