- 17.9K All Categories
- 3.4K Industry Applications
- 3.4K Intelligent Advisor
- 75 Insurance
- 537.6K On-Premises Infrastructure
- 138.7K Analytics Software
- 38.6K Application Development Software
- 6.1K Cloud Platform
- 109.6K Database Software
- 17.6K Enterprise Manager
- 8.8K Hardware
- 71.3K Infrastructure Software
- 105.4K Integration
- 41.6K Security Software
Existing users connectivity using VIP on 10g RAC
Dear RAC Experts ,
I am trying to understand 'RAC ARCHITECTURE' especially in 10g R2.
Please do NOT consider scan feature
>> RAC IP CONFIGURATION FOR BOTH NODES
PUBLIC IP --> NODE 1 -> 192.168.10.10
PUBLIC IP --> NODE 2 -> 192.168.10.20
VIP --> NODE 1 -> 192.168.10.30 (abc is mac address)
VIP --> NODE 2 -> 192.168.10.40 (xyz is mac address)
>> TNSNAMES.ORA on MACHINE 3 (acts as client machine)
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = rac1-vip)(PORT = 1521))
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = rac2-vip)(PORT = 1521))
(LOAD_BALANCE = yes)
(SERVICE_NAME = samdb.com)
>> Just trying to understand, exactly how RAC architecture was designed since 10g
1) User is established a connection using VIP to NODE1.
2) VIP of NODE1 is using (abc) MAC address.
3) NODE1 goes down.
4) NODE1 VIP is moving to NODE2 , anyhow NODE1 VIP will use different MAC address (xyz) on NODE2.
5) All existing connections (which were running on NODE1) are connected to NODE2 because of NODE1 VIP.
6) Are all connections can continue on NODE2 or will disconnect because of different mac address ?
Some people told -
1) All users can work as usual
2) All existing users will be disconnected and then get time out error because of different mac address.