• 2,258,826 Discussions
  • 7,892,587 Comments

Discussions

ODI12c, Keywords and variables

RonnyEelen2
RonnyEelen2 Member Posts: 18 Red Ribbon
edited Jan 24, 2018 5:06AM in Data Integrator

Hi,

Is it possible to use variables in keywords for Loadplan Steps?

Simple question

thanks

Ronny

Tagged:

Answers

• Adrian_Popescu-Oracle
    Adrian_Popescu-Oracle RomaniaPosts: 1,976 Employee
    edited Jan 23, 2018 9:57AM

Hi,

You use variables in load plans to make conditions regarding what scenarios to execute.

What you mean do use variables in keywords for Loadplan Steps ?

Can you provide an example ?

Adrian

• RonnyEelen2
    edited Jan 23, 2018 10:14AM

When defining a step in a loadplan, I can add a keyword, so that in the logging I can create a separate tab/folder for view the runs per keyword. Great.

But we are using a loadplan that starts different interfaces. So a variable is assigned with the interface code and it would be nice then to be able to see the runs of this loadplan per interface code.

So if the keyword filed could contain a variable, I could see them in separate folders automatically.

• Adrian_Popescu-Oracle
    Adrian_Popescu-Oracle RomaniaPosts: 1,976 Employee
    edited Jan 24, 2018 1:31AM

Hi,

Your question is interesting, you can testing it simply.

Use the variable in the "Keywords" field in Load Plan (prefixed with GLOBAL or PROJECT_CODE)

Then create a package, add the variable with type "Refresh" and OdiStartLoadPlan tool.

Configure OdiStartLoadPlan tool to execute your LoadPlan then run the package.

Adrian

• RonnyEelen2
    edited Jan 24, 2018 5:06AM

It doesn't seem to work.

Whatever keywords I put in there to reflect the variable, it uses that exact string as the keyword.

example:

PRJ_FILE_HANDLER.v_fh_interface_code, :PRJ_FILE_HANDLER.v_fh_interface_code, YYY, <%=odiRef.getOption("V_FH_INTERFACE_CODE")%>

The runs are visible in all the 4 folders I create with thhose exact keywords added to it.

I also have a folder with the value I expected to get (ABC) but that one remains empty.

This discussion has been closed.