• 2,262,193 Discussions
  • 7,900,114 Comments

Discussions

How to migrate Capture profiles from version 11 to 12

Volker Heiselmayer
Volker Heiselmayer Member Posts: 155 Blue Ribbon
edited Feb 8, 2018 6:58AM in WebCenter Content

Hi!

How can I migrate all capture profiles from our v11 server to our new v12 server?

Thanks!

Best,

Volker

Tagged:

Best Answer

• ManojC
    ManojC Member Posts: 538
    edited Feb 6, 2018 10:53AM Answer ✓

Hey Volker,

Refer the following article from Oracle knowledge base,

How To Migrate an Enterprise Capture Workspace from One Environment to Another (Doc ID 1956416.1)

As an alternative you can use the enterprise manager MBean properties to export the workspace from capture as an XML file and import in the target capture server.

Target Navigation --> Right Click on Capture Domain --> System MBean Browser --> Application Defined MBeans --> oracle.capture --> Server:Capture_server --> Application : capture --> config --> Operations --> exportWorkspace (workspace ID & FileName [Directory to save the xml file in the capture server box])

Note: You have to set the security group again for client profile. It won't be part of the export bundle.

HTH

Regards,

Manoj

Answers

• ManojC
    edited Feb 6, 2018 10:53AM Answer ✓

Hey Volker,

Refer the following article from Oracle knowledge base,

How To Migrate an Enterprise Capture Workspace from One Environment to Another (Doc ID 1956416.1)

As an alternative you can use the enterprise manager MBean properties to export the workspace from capture as an XML file and import in the target capture server.

Target Navigation --> Right Click on Capture Domain --> System MBean Browser --> Application Defined MBeans --> oracle.capture --> Server:Capture_server --> Application : capture --> config --> Operations --> exportWorkspace (workspace ID & FileName [Directory to save the xml file in the capture server box])

Note: You have to set the security group again for client profile. It won't be part of the export bundle.

HTH

Regards,

Manoj

• Volker Heiselmayer
    edited Feb 7, 2018 2:39AM

Hi Manjo!

I tried this and the application said "Successful", but i couldn't find any exported files.

The workspace ID is the name of the workspace, right?

Our workspace is named with "Kanzlei" and I wanted to export the files to "/u01/export/capture" (directory exists).

What's wrong?

Best,

Volker

• William Phelps
    William Phelps Member Posts: 1,428 Silver Trophy
    edited Feb 7, 2018 9:12AM

I do not believe that Capture profiles created in 11g are exportable to 12c.  This will be a manual recreation process.

• ManojC
    edited Feb 7, 2018 9:51AM

The workspace ID is an Int value that you can find it in the capture database table 'ECCAPTUREWORKSPACES'. Pass that value as part of the export operation and it will export the workspace to the directory specified.

• Volker Heiselmayer
    edited Feb 8, 2018 6:58AM

Hi Manoj!

Thanks, that's the solution! I currently do not have access to the Capture Database but since we just have one Workspace which has the ID 1 migration worked (nearly) perfect.

The only configuration I had to update / addd was the transfer users in the commit profiles and the email addresses for our auto import. But this is independend from the version, this config is also missing when I export from V12 and import again into V12. I think that's for security reasons.

Thanks!

Best,

Volker

Edit:

The post processing in the client profiles has also to be readded.

This discussion has been closed.