Forum Stats

• 3,770,408 Users
  • 2,253,104 Discussions
  • 7,875,445 Comments

Discussions

!csIndexerMetaOnlyFailed DRG-12244: data conversion error for sdata section SDDRILLDOWN

Jyotsana Nandwani-Oracle
Jyotsana Nandwani-Oracle Member Posts: 11
edited Feb 22, 2018 10:49AM in WebCenter Content

At our production environment, ucm 11g content server, there are about 22k documents but 7 documents are failing to get indexed. They are important data and we need them searchable (indexed) on our site. They are appearing in Content Management --> Work In Progress section and are in GenWWW state. Even after i resubmit those 7 documents individually and ran full index multiple times, index runs successfully, but again those 7 profiles come back in GenWWW state. I have tried rolling bounce for DB and Midtier. It didnt help. I enabled full-verbose tracing and got these errors when i did resubmit on one of the failed profiles:

DRG-11301: error while indexing document

DRG-11302: document may be partially indexed

DRG-12244: data conversion error for sdata section SDDRILLDOWN

What does this error mean? how should i go about in order to make these documents searchable (indexed)?

Tagged:

Answers

• William Phelps
    William Phelps Member Posts: 1,428
    edited Feb 21, 2018 6:58PM

DRG-11302 and DRG-12244 Errors When Running Indexer Cycle with OracleTextSearch Enabled (Doc ID 864714.1)

• Jyotsana Nandwani-Oracle
    Jyotsana Nandwani-Oracle Member Posts: 11
    edited Feb 22, 2018 3:55AM

Thanks, i read from your link that SDATA columns have a limit of 249 bytes and any metadata field if selected to be "isOptimized" becomes part of SDATA section and thus cannot hold data more than 249 bytes. My field is a metadata Memo field. Strangely, it is not an optimized field because we have not selected "isOptimized" option. It is a MEMO field with an option list (multiselect list) where we do "use tree" option to select values from a tree structure.

Can it be considered as SDATA by indexer and thus imposed a limit of 249 chars?

Do we have a remedy other than truncating this field value to less than 249 chars?

What is DrillDownFields parameter? in this dcoumment http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.404.2803&rep=rep1&type=pdf i read that :

"To avoid errors when indexing, do not add non-existent metadata fields to the Configuration Manager DrillDownFields parameter, and do not add memo fields to an SDATA section or to the DrillDownFields parameter"

• William Phelps
    William Phelps Member Posts: 1,428
    edited Feb 22, 2018 10:49AM

I can't speak to the behavior, but a way to test this would be to mark this memo field as "not searchable" and see if the behavior persists.

Some fields automatically get added as SDATA (date fields and number fields), but I'm unaware of memo fields getting added by default.  Sounds like a support ticket.

This discussion has been closed.