Forum Stats

• 3,875,475 Users
  • 2,266,926 Discussions
  • 7,912,227 Comments

Discussions

PBCS Export Dynamic Calc - Essbase Error(1200494): Error executing formula for xxx: Recursion limit

MatteoBarlassina
MatteoBarlassina Member Posts: 22 Blue Ribbon
edited Feb 23, 2018 4:45AM in Planning and Budgeting

We build this simple script that point to a simple slice (note that the first fix is at lev0 members) :

SET DATAEXPORTOPTIONS

{

DataExportLevel ALL;

DataExportDynamicCalc ON;

DataExportDecimal 4;

DataExportPrecision 4;

DataExportOverwriteFile ON;

DataExportColFormat ON;

DataExportDimHeader ON;

DataExportOverwriteFile ON;

DataExportColHeader "Period";

};

FIX("33701789", BDG,FY18,"Working_1" ,"NO_CUSTOMER","Local","EUR", "55_20" ,jan,"DS_Chain")   

FIX("2128F_LFG", "2128_CFG" )

DATAEXPORT "File" ";" "/u03/lcm/00_Export_MANAGERIAL_PIVOT.txt";

ENDFIX

ENDFIX

We try to export both 2128_CFG (Dynamic calc parent) and 2128_CFG (never share child)

Rule goes in error with error message: Cannot calculate. Essbase Error(1200494): Error executing formula for [A_Calculated_Price_DC] (line 21): Recursion limit [128] reached

We remove the dynamic calc and the rule works

This let us think that in PBCS is not possible to export Dynamic Calc members

Tagged:

Answers

• Jonathan A Cohen
    Jonathan A Cohen Member Posts: 90 Bronze Badge
    edited Feb 22, 2018 2:20PM

PBCS has challenges when exporting dynamic calc dense members.  It can work, but when you set up your script this way, it is calculating every dynamic calc member in the block when it goes to export the specific members.  I have an SR at which development is looking.  The only answer I have so far is to make it stored and calculate by business rule before the export.  Since Data Management and Data Export Jobs use the same calc script syntax, neither will help.

• amith.madisetty
    amith.madisetty Member Posts: 869 Gold Badge
    edited Feb 23, 2018 2:27AM

Yes!

I did come across this issue in my project and the response with oracle came back is there is happening blocks explosion and due to which it is failing and asked to review number of dynamic calc accounts in the outline.

We have many DC members in our outline majorly in accounts and few in other dimensions.

Thanks

Amith

• MatteoBarlassina
    edited Feb 23, 2018 3:57AM

HI Jonathan,

"calculating every dynamic calc member in the block when it goes to export the specific members" I think it is illogical.

If I have to extract an item, it is useless to calculate all the rest ... Why essbase try co calculate the entire outline?

How long have you got this problem? (may it be a problem of the last update in February or was it also present in previous versions?)

• amith.madisetty
    edited Feb 23, 2018 3:59AM

Am sure it was present even before this patch.

As due to this issue, we had to export all dynamic calc dependant accounts and calculate them outisde PBCS and send across to target system.

Thanks

Amith

• MatteoBarlassina
    edited Feb 23, 2018 4:05AM

Hi Amith,

oh my God!

What does the support say?

I have a SR open for a week and I can not give an answer .. they say that the Dev Team is working there and have no news

thanks again!

• MatteoBarlassina
    edited Feb 23, 2018 4:07AM

The strange thing is that Dynamic calc used in Form, SmartView, FR reports works well, no error messages returned... only with export data (With business rules, FDMEE, planning export.. all 3 PBCS methods)

• amith.madisetty
    edited Feb 23, 2018 4:27AM

Exactly the different approached i have tried and the path i went through. And finally had oracle coming back and saying to us that it is due to large number of dynamic calcs in the outline and review the outline.

Thanks

Amith

• MatteoBarlassina
    edited Feb 23, 2018 4:45AM

IMHO this is a bug of PBCS

This discussion has been closed.