• 3,873,118 Users
  • 2,266,506 Discussions
  • 7,911,426 Comments

Discussions

Runtime personalization/customization in WCP 12.2.1.1.0

GaganArneja
GaganArneja Member Posts: 33 Red Ribbon
edited Mar 13, 2018 3:18AM in WebCenter Portal

We need to create a launchpad of applications on our portal. Essentially this launchpad is just a collection of image icons, that will launch an intranet application when clicked.

Users of the portal (employees) should be able to remove the image icons that are irrelevant to the user, at runtime.

If I use : "Display Options" -> "Allow Remove" on the image component, the user is able to remove the icon, it also persists on the next login, but I don't see any option to add the removed image icon back .

Oracle documentation states : "Keep in mind that you can restore a removed component only by editing the page and adding a new component instance" [Ref : https://docs.oracle.com/middleware/12212/wcp/use/GUID-D30C6D85-43AD-4495-B206-AB4CB77ECC7A.htm#WCSUG12177

Is there any other way to achieve personalization at run time ? can the user change his view of the page without having edit privileges ? We def cannot give edit privileges to all users.

GaganArneja

Answers

• Dinil Mithra
    Dinil Mithra Member Posts: 351 Bronze Badge
    edited Mar 12, 2018 11:06AM

I would suggest to create an ADF shared library with a dashboard fragment.

Dashboard component's display status can be stored in a database table. Then you can control component's show/hide logic using EL expression. Please let me know if you have more questions.

Regards,

DM

• Daniel Merchán
    Daniel Merchán Enterprise Achitect Member Posts: 2,192 Gold Trophy
    edited Mar 12, 2018 11:08AM

Hi,

Another way is to use JavaScript using JQuery and LocalStorage. All the load will be in user browser and probably is simpler.

Kind regards.

• GaganArneja
    edited Mar 13, 2018 12:59AM
  • GaganArneja
    edited Mar 13, 2018 12:59AM

Do you mind giving me more detail on this. I would still need an ADF task flow I guess ?

• Daniel Merchán
    Daniel Merchán Enterprise Achitect Member Posts: 2,192 Gold Trophy
    edited Mar 13, 2018 3:18AM

Hi,

My approach is not a Task Flow driven solution, is a fully JavaScript driven solution that you can implement in your Layout or Page source code for hiding/showing whatever you need and storing in the LocalStorage of the browser.

d'Mith has proposed that you develop your own wrapper Task Flow where you embed the Task Flows you are going to use and then add a mechanism for hide/show the Task Flows by persisting this information in a custom database table.

Depending on the approach you feel more comfortable, follow one or the other.

Kind regards.

GaganArneja
This discussion has been closed.