Forum Stats

• 3,855,570 Users
  • 2,264,523 Discussions
  • 7,906,069 Comments

Discussions

Oracle Pluggable Database Self-Service Provisioning application support for 12.2

bderous
bderous Member Posts: 33 Bronze Badge
edited Mar 12, 2018 11:35AM in Multitenant

In Oracle Database 12.1, the maximum number of pluggable databases is 252. This is also so reflected in the Self-Service Provisioning application, there is a quota of maximum 251 databases. No problems here.

I've now installed a 12.2 database where this limit is much higher, I believe it's about 4000 PDBs. I've also installed the Self-Service Provisioning application into this database but I'm afraid this application still does not allow more then 251 PDBs.

It's a pity that this upper limit of SSP seems somewhat hardcoded and does not look to the database version.

Does anybody know if there will be an upgrade of SSP soon to improve this ? Now we have SSP 2.0 for Oracle 12.1

Are there any plans for a SSP 3.0 for Oracle 12.2?

Or is there a way to lift the limit of SSP 2.0 on Oracle 12.2?

Kind regards,

Benny Derous

bderous

Best Answer

• Markus Flechtner
    Markus Flechtner Member Posts: 503 Bronze Trophy
    edited Mar 12, 2018 11:35AM Answer ✓

Hi,

when you are not running on Exadata or the Oracle Cloud, the maximum number of PDBs with 12.2 is still 252.

So you can use the SSP application from OTN without any changes.

It uses 1 PDB itself, so the maximum number of PDBs which can be created is 251

if you are on Exadata or the Oracle Cloud (with a maximum number of PDBs of 4096) you could change the application because it is available in source code.

I haven't tried it, but I think the limit (251) is defined in line 32028 of f600.sql. You can change that value and try to create more than 251 PDBs.

HTH

Markus

bderousbderous

Answers

• Markus Flechtner
    Markus Flechtner Member Posts: 503 Bronze Trophy
    edited Mar 12, 2018 11:35AM Answer ✓

Hi,

when you are not running on Exadata or the Oracle Cloud, the maximum number of PDBs with 12.2 is still 252.

So you can use the SSP application from OTN without any changes.

It uses 1 PDB itself, so the maximum number of PDBs which can be created is 251

if you are on Exadata or the Oracle Cloud (with a maximum number of PDBs of 4096) you could change the application because it is available in source code.

I haven't tried it, but I think the limit (251) is defined in line 32028 of f600.sql. You can change that value and try to create more than 251 PDBs.

HTH

Markus

bderousbderous
This discussion has been closed.