• 2,266,401 Discussions
  • 7,911,086 Comments

Discussions

Querying WebCenter Portal Schema

MisterPB
MisterPB Member Posts: 12 Red Ribbon
edited Mar 27, 2018 8:54AM in WebCenter Portal

Hello everyone, a question for you all.

At present I'm doing some exploratory work with a WebCenter platform (Portal and Content at 11.1.1.9) and with a view to wrapping up portal metrics into an Apex application - reporting against xxx_ocs and xxx_activities schemas.

It's looking like the report I'm currently working on will somehow require me to establish

a)  Which pages within a portal have a Content Presenter task flow that uses a specific Content Presenter template.

and

b)  The folder or query that the Content Presenter task flow is using on these pages.

Would it be possible for me to do this by querying a table or tables in the WebCenter portal schema (xxx_webcenter) or am I looking in the wrong place?

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, PB

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Daniel Merchán
    Daniel Merchán Enterprise Achitect Member Posts: 2,192 Gold Trophy
    edited Mar 23, 2018 5:28AM Answer ✓

Hi.

The relationship of components - pages are registered in the PageDefs which are stored in the MDS (partition of webcenter).

The only way you can do that is about doing a manual process where you export the MDS of a specific Portal, iterate the PageDefs and parse the XML to extract the Content Presenters of each Page.
    There is not SQL query available that you can achieve what you are looking for.

Kind regards.

Answers

• Dinil Mithra
    Dinil Mithra Member Posts: 351 Bronze Badge
    edited Mar 18, 2018 12:18AM

Hello PB,

There are no OOTB  pages having content presenter taskflow/query which meets your business requirement. You can create a new page in your portal and add content presenter/document management capabilities into that page. Please contact your webcenter development team to identify those pages from webcenter.

Please provide your actual use-case here so we can help you out better.

Regards,

DM

• MisterPB
    edited Mar 19, 2018 6:57AM

Thank you for the prompt response DM but I probably should have made myself clearer.

For one thing I am a member of the portal development team and can see what pages are where, and which of these have/do not have Content Presenter task flows.

The information is available to me by these indirect means; what I am trying to establish is if there is a way of obtaining this information by querying the portal schema, in the same way that one can query the xxx_ocs schema to learn which files are in which directories.

To expand on the use case I am attempting to develop an Apex application to report on various portal metrics.  It is easy enough to find out which files are in which folders within the Content store, however the structure of the content isn't and doesn't have to be the same as the page hierarchy.  In effect I am trying to come at this from the other end to present the information to the user in terms of the pages/sub pages that they see on which the content is exposed.

Hence my requirement to know which pages have Content Presenter task flows, and which content folders they are "pointed" at.

Hope that clarifies.

PB

• Daniel Merchán
    Daniel Merchán Enterprise Achitect Member Posts: 2,192 Gold Trophy
    edited Mar 23, 2018 5:28AM Answer ✓

Hi.

The relationship of components - pages are registered in the PageDefs which are stored in the MDS (partition of webcenter).

The only way you can do that is about doing a manual process where you export the MDS of a specific Portal, iterate the PageDefs and parse the XML to extract the Content Presenters of each Page.
    There is not SQL query available that you can achieve what you are looking for.

Kind regards.

• MisterPB
    edited Mar 27, 2018 8:54AM

Thank you for clarifying Daniel.  I had thought this might be pointing towards the MDS.

Regards, PB

This discussion has been closed.