• 2,264,439 Discussions
  • 7,905,846 Comments

Discussions

Application - Refresh Database - fails

Robert Angel
Robert Angel Member Posts: 4,535 Bronze Crown
edited Apr 11, 2018 4:42AM in Planning and Budgeting

Hi,

PBCS test environment, I am trying to refresh the databases and get this error; -

pastedImage_0.png

To find it I have exported the dimension that I am fairly sure it is in, but I do not find it in the outputted file.

I have tried searching for it, but with the name 0 and searching against a very large dimension (~14000 members) with a lot of members having 0 in their name it would take an inordinate amount of time.

I looked into using Operation to input the record and delete it, but I cannot find a delete option on Operation per the documentation - can anyone confirm if there is a delete operation and if so what the syntax is??

As it is test I had thought of deleting the metadata using the option -

I also tried updating member 0 to change its Alias to something I could then easily search for, but whilst the import showed successful I did not then find the member when I search for it.

Any suggestions??

Tagged:

Best Answer

• JohnGoodwin
    JohnGoodwin Member Posts: 30,471 Blue Diamond
    edited Apr 11, 2018 4:13AM Answer ✓
    Robert Angel wrote:I looked into using Operation to input the record and delete it, but I cannot find a delete option on Operation per the documentation - can anyone confirm if there is a delete operation and if so what the syntax is??

If you want to use the Operation column, you can use the following values to delete:

delete level 0

delete idescendants

delete descendants

For example

Cheers

John

Answers

• JohnGoodwin
    edited Apr 11, 2018 4:13AM Answer ✓
    Robert Angel wrote:I looked into using Operation to input the record and delete it, but I cannot find a delete option on Operation per the documentation - can anyone confirm if there is a delete operation and if so what the syntax is??

If you want to use the Operation column, you can use the following values to delete:

delete level 0

delete idescendants

delete descendants

For example

Cheers

John

• Robert Angel
    edited Apr 11, 2018 4:21AM

Okay, solved my own problem, putting it here in case anyone experiences similar; -

Set up a new parent at just under top level, moved my problem member there using an import. Deleted it manually. Tried over, found more, repeated.

• Robert Angel
    edited Apr 11, 2018 4:21AM

Thanks John, found another answer, but yours is helpful for future reference - much appreciated.

• Robert Angel
    edited Apr 11, 2018 4:23AM

Can I ask what your reference document is for this, Essbase administrators??

As I said PBCS document is silent on deletes in the import metadata section...

• JohnGoodwin
    edited Apr 11, 2018 4:28AM

It is referenced in the on-premise documentation - Common Member Properties

Behind the scenes they both use the outline load utility so most of the properties are valid.

Robert Angel
  • Robert Angel
    edited Apr 11, 2018 4:42AM

Sincerest thanks again.

To quote Albert Einstein 'everything should be as simple as they can be but no simpler', I fear they have dumbed the PBCS documentation down too far in some instances....

This discussion has been closed.