• 2,258,865 Discussions
  • 7,892,684 Comments

Discussions

Discoverer issue - responsibilities

User_UN7QS
User_UN7QS Member Posts: 32 Red Ribbon
edited Aug 13, 2018 8:20AM in Discoverer

Hi

I have an issue in Disco - I have a folder which is based on a custom view.

I have 2 responsibilities - neither with any security profiles associated.

One of them can see the data within this folder, the other can't.

I have no idea why one of them returns no data - does anyone have any ideas of what I can check?

Thanks

Answers

• sbeck-Oracle
    sbeck-Oracle Member Posts: 116 Employee
    edited Apr 13, 2018 3:37PM

There is not enough information to really debug the issue.  What version?  Which edition (Desktop, Plus, or Viewer)?  Is this Apps Mode (aka E-Business Suite) EUL or Standard (database logins used)? 
    In any case, Discoverer does not secure data at the row level.  The only things Discoverer secures is the ability Logon to Disco and access at the Business Area level.  Everything else is handled by either E-Business Suite security OR the Database.  Discoverer doesn't prevent data from displaying.

• User_UN7QS
    edited Apr 16, 2018 4:23AM

Thanks for the reply.  It's happening in Disco Desktop.  Apps mode EUL.  Logging in as a user who has both responsibilties available to them. 

I understand what you're saying about Discoverer not securing data but what's confusing me is that when I log into SQLDEV and do an apps initialize - both responsibilities can see data from the view which the Discoverer folder is using so I'm not sure why Discoverer is refusing to see any.

Thanks

• sbeck-Oracle
    edited Apr 19, 2018 7:26AM

You still have not provided versions for Discoverer or EBS.  In later EBS versions, security is tighter. If you are using Org Id, that would impact as well.

As I stated, Discoverer will display all the data that has been provided by EBS.  Discoverer cannot display data that has not been provided by EBS. 

I suspect when you used SQL Developer, you did not set all the values necessary for EBS to treat this the same as if called from Discoverer.  Please review the below Notes when running SQL directly in the DB, based upon your site setup/versions.
      Note 279736.1 - How To Run SQL From A Discoverer Applications Mode Workbook In SQL*PLUS (SQLPLUS) To Troubleshoot Performance And Worksheet Results
      Note 753178.1 - R12: How to Set the ORG_ID (org context) Before Running a Statement in SQL*Plus

Regards,

Sharon

• User_UN7QS
    edited Aug 9, 2018 10:43AM

Sorry for delay - I have run the FND_GLOBAL.APPS_INITIALIZE for the problem responsibilty and this responsiblity cannot see data in sql*dev either.

My question is - what do I do now with this information?

How do I determine which settings against this responsibility are stopping this showing?

Thanks

• sbeck-Oracle
    edited Aug 13, 2018 8:20AM

The row level security (data security) is handled by E-Business Suite (EBS) and not Discoverer.  I am sorry, you will need to ask the EBS folks about finding which settings are impacting.

Regards,
    Sharon 

This discussion has been closed.