Forum Stats

• 3,836,789 Users
  • 2,262,190 Discussions
  • 7,900,110 Comments

Discussions

How to change application name when migrating planning application from on-premise to cloud enterpri

3163128 Member Posts: 4
edited Apr 15, 2018 2:28AM in Planning and Budgeting

How do I change the application name when importing the LCM .zip file in cloud using the migration-> snapshot option.

Liliya B

Answers

• Robert Angel
    Robert Angel Member Posts: 4,535 Bronze Crown
    edited Apr 12, 2018 11:21AM

Hi,

like everything you can manually edit the XML file content, folder names etc, re-zip and upload.

Not for the faint hearted but it can be done.

3163128 Member Posts: 4
    edited Apr 12, 2018 12:38PM

Thank you.

I was hoping there was an easier approach.

Vish.

• Srini+K
    Srini+K Member Posts: 253 Blue Ribbon
    edited Apr 12, 2018 3:38PM

1. create new application in on-premise with required name reflecting original application.

2. import LCM of original application into created application in step1 above.

3. LCM export the new application from step1.

Liliya B
  • Kyle Goodfriend
    Kyle Goodfriend Member Posts: 185
    edited Apr 14, 2018 7:51PM

I have never finished the PowerShell to do this, but if you want, you can piggy back off of one I did to remove a dimension from the Migration.  The logic would be similar - rename any folder, file, or text in a file with the name you want to rename it to.  You would need to make sure you don't have a name that would reference anything else (member name, etc), so you might have to be careful with this methodology.

http://www.in2hyperion.com/2016/12/10/remove-dimensions-from-planning-lcm-extracts/

• adnan645
    adnan645 Member Posts: 478 Bronze Badge
    edited Apr 15, 2018 2:28AM
    1. Take LCM back up of application, calculation manager.
    2. Create a blank application on the new server or on the same server. The name of datasource could also be different.
    3. If the new application is going to be on different server, then Import the LCM taken in step 1 to the new server. If that's that same server, then you have that LCM already.
    4. Open Application; right click and then click restore.
    5. After you have clicked restore it will give a pop-up having list of all applications. Select the the newly created application and click Import.
    6. Afterwards, also import business rules.
    7. If that's a different server, then you should also import users before importing application.
This discussion has been closed.