Forum Stats

• 3,875,669 Users
  • 2,266,947 Discussions
  • 7,912,294 Comments

Discussions

Issue with contents 'based on query' in content presentor

860017 Member Posts: 38
edited Apr 22, 2018 1:19AM in WebCenter Portal

We are using Webcenter portal 12.2.1.2.0 and Webcenter content 12c.I have configured WCC connection in Webcenter portal weblogic server EM and have configured Documents service inside webcenter portal. The Documents System page comes up fine and i am able to search documents from WCC on the Documents system page.

My requirement is to show content from WCC on a portal page based on the user language selection. In WCC, i have document files for different languages in a particular folder having a custom language metadata attribute. My requirement is to query the correct document based on language selection and show it on a portal page using Content presentor task-flow .

To achieve this, i am trying to use content "Based on a query" feature provided by Content presentor task-flow. The issue I am facing is that this OOTB feature is not returning any content in query results.I am using the default Tempate category and default template(List type). I tried putting values in File name, created by, modified by, etc. attributes and even blanket search but nothing is returned however the search works fine on the Documents System page. There are no associated error logs on the Portal server as well as content server.

Kindly provide any documentation on what are the exact steps/configuration needed on Content server/ Portal server for the query results feature to work on content presentor task-flow.Let me know if i am missing any information from my side.

Thanks.

Answers

• Dinil Mithra
    Dinil Mithra Member Posts: 351 Bronze Badge
    edited Apr 19, 2018 1:26AM

Please share the query that you have used to populate contents from WCP.

Kind Regards,

DM

860017 Member Posts: 38
    edited Apr 19, 2018 11:17AM

HI DM,

I am not using any custom Content/CMIS query over here, rather i am trying to use the OOTB Content Search wizard that comes up when 'Content results based on query' option is selected in Content presentor task-flow. I believe that should be enough to return back desired content items from WCC and there should be no need to write a custom query.  Hope I am clear and not missing any required information.

Best regards,

Akash

• Dinil Mithra
    edited Apr 20, 2018 1:22AM

Option 1

1. Go to FWM console ( http://< your host name: port >/em )

2. Then go to Content Server --> Configuration Pages --> General Configuration

3. Add below property values under 'Additional Configuration Variables' section.

SearchIndexerEngineName=OracleTextSearch

IndexerDatabaseProviderName=SystemDatabase   

4. Click Apply button and restart the content server managed server and the WebCenter managed server.

5. Login to the UCM server at http://< your host name: port >/cs

Go to -> Administration > Admin Applets --> Repository Manager --> Indexer tab – click the Start button

Option 2

Go to WCP page definition and update CMIS query for CP taskflow parameter.

First option is straight and I would prefer the first option.

Kind Regards,

DM

• Dinil Mithra
    edited Apr 22, 2018 1:19AM

Please mark this thread answered if you have found the solution.

Kind regards,

DM

This discussion has been closed.