• 2,264,499 Discussions
  • 7,905,968 Comments

Discussions

Delete ALL PBCS Security

Robert Angel
Robert Angel Member Posts: 4,535 Bronze Crown
edited Apr 19, 2018 4:55AM in Planning and Budgeting

Hi,

I am currently working with Oracle Support and they are insistent that the security issues on test environments has now been resolved, but I am still getting errors when I configure a task list / form combination.

Is there any easy way to delete ALL security from PBCS so I can start over with a clean sheet to test, to ensure that the behaviours I am seeing are a result of what I have configured, not security that I have not found....

thanks for any advice!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• JohnGoodwin
    JohnGoodwin Member Posts: 30,471 Blue Diamond
    edited Apr 19, 2018 4:50AM Answer ✓

So you want to remove the access permissions within the application, if so I don't think just removing the users/groups from the XML is going to remove the access permissions associated with members/task lists etc, with LCM it is usually a insert/update operation.

It is a shame they don't have an option to clear all security, the only import options are documented at Setting Import Options , What you could try is to delete all the groups first by updating the import options and remove the groups from the groups.csv file, import , then make sure all the access permissions have been removed, then import the groups again.

Cheers

John

Answers

• Robert Angel
    edited Apr 19, 2018 4:13AM

My best idea on this so far is export the security via LCM, wade through the XML, search and manually delete the entries.

• JohnGoodwin
    edited Apr 19, 2018 4:50AM Answer ✓

So you want to remove the access permissions within the application, if so I don't think just removing the users/groups from the XML is going to remove the access permissions associated with members/task lists etc, with LCM it is usually a insert/update operation.

It is a shame they don't have an option to clear all security, the only import options are documented at Setting Import Options , What you could try is to delete all the groups first by updating the import options and remove the groups from the groups.csv file, import , then make sure all the access permissions have been removed, then import the groups again.

Cheers

John

• Robert Angel
    edited Apr 19, 2018 4:47AM

Thanks for confirming John - O for an 'Operation' equivalent on the artifacts, though extending your idea I could export my application, delete my application. Import my application but without security, or with security hacked to a minimum.

• JohnGoodwin
    edited Apr 19, 2018 4:55AM

That is certainly one option or maybe test out deleting the groups method I mentioned which could even be done through the UI if there are not too many, then import the groups back in, then access permissions when you are ready, depends which is easier.

Robert Angel
This discussion has been closed.