Forum Stats

• 3,722,437 Users
  • 2,244,309 Discussions
  • 7,849,836 Comments

Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cannot Install Oracle Universal

Tommy Ag
Tommy Ag Member Posts: 8
edited May 2018 in Engineered Systems

Hello Everyone

while i install Developer Suite 10g, the process not shown the error

but this process always stuck in preparing to launch and after some minute, the prompt will disappear and nothing happen for my windows

I attach figure in bellow

pastedImage_0.png

Can anyone in here solve this problem?

Thank You

Tommy Ag

Tagged:
Tommy Ag

Answers

• SureshMuddaveerappa
    SureshMuddaveerappa Member Posts: 29 Silver Crown
    edited May 2018

Hello Tommy,

You have posted in the wrong forum. This is for Engineered System ODA.

You should always provide your platform and version details. It appears you may have not set your session/terminal for local display. For example if you are using 'PuTTY' then one need to configure and enable X11 forwarding. This would then allow the GUI Display to come up against your terminal. Check your DISPLAY environment variable and set it appropriately.

Cheers

Suresh

Tommy AgTommy Ag
  • Tommy Ag
    Tommy Ag Member Posts: 8
    edited May 2018

Hi Suresh

Sorry, i don't know the right forum to post this

i still confuse with your statement about set the session for local display. i used windows 10 and how to change my display set according the requirement to install Oracle Developer Suite 10g?

Thank You

Tommy Ag

• SureshMuddaveerappa
    SureshMuddaveerappa Member Posts: 29 Silver Crown
    edited May 2018

Hello Tommy,

Are you installing on the Windows10 platform or are you using Windows10 to get into another server (through telnet, putty or other tools)? In case the installation is directly on the Windows10 machine then the default display should be sufficient to take care of the GUI. Also check the OUI logs and post it.

Cheers

Suresh

• User_L2C4K
    User_L2C4K Member Posts: 1 Red Ribbon

Hi all,

I'm facing exactly the same issue, the intallation doesn't start, I have windows 10 and I need to connect then to a VPN so I can perform support in a client site,

Could you please help me with any suggestion?

Thanks,

Regards,

Lenin