• 2,263,978 Discussions
  • 7,904,710 Comments

Discussions

FCCS Consolidation timings

SLTECH
SLTECH Member Posts: 15 Red Ribbon
edited Jun 25, 2018 7:41AM in Financial Consolidation

Hi,

We're executing  the consolidation rule and the times are very high...around 1h. Our perimeter is very simple, only 2 entities, and have input data only in one entity intersaction.

We want to know if it's necessary configure the Evalution order (Owerview/Application/Dimensions), and what is the best practice to configure the Evaluation order.

Is there any recommendation to reduce these timings?

Thanks in advanced!!

Regards

Tagged:
User486354-Oracle

Answers

• USER1211
    USER1211 Member Posts: 3,104
    edited Jun 6, 2018 8:32PM

For clarity:

How many months are you looking consolidate?

Are you just consolidating the single entity or are you trying to consolidate at Total geography  or multiple hierarchies?

How big(i.e Total members) are in the other dimensions(Accounts and Customs)

How many total entities are in your primary structure?

If you consolidate 1  level zero entity for one Month(i.e Period 1) how long does the consolidation take?

Do you have custom calculations?

If you have custom calculations and  you  disable your custom calculations is your the consolidation time still excessive?

Has this always been the issue? If it just started occurring what recently changed?

Have you opened an Oracle SR?

• SLTECH
    edited Jun 7, 2018 2:49AM

Hi,

I give you my answers:

How many months are you looking consolidate?Only Jan, 2016, Actual, 1Parent with two childs (entity)

Are you just consolidating the single entity or are you trying to consolidate at Total geography  or multiple hierarchies? When I've consolidated only one entity, it works fine, the consolidation is very fast (seconds..) but when I've consolidated the parent of this entities, the consolidation is slow, around (1h)

How big(i.e Total members) are in the other dimensions(Accounts and Customs) account: only 2 new accounts

How many total entities are in your primary structure? 2

If you consolidate 1  level zero entity for one Month(i.e Period 1) how long does the consolidation take? seconds

Do you have custom calculations? not yet

If you have custom calculations and  you  disable your custom calculations is your the consolidation time still excessive? I've try with two alternatives

Has this always been the issue? If it just started occurring what recently changed? after create all the elements in the dimensions in input data to try the consolidation.

Have you opened an Oracle SR? not yet

Thanks a lot!

• SureshM-Oracle
    SureshM-Oracle Member Posts: 407 Employee
    edited Jun 7, 2018 5:35AM

Do you see any metadata validation error?

Did you try to refresh the database and tested the issue?

As an action plan, you can try to:

Turn off Balance for Balance Sheet Calculation

Click Application->Consolidation

Select Local Currency->Balance the Balance Sheet->Disable by Scenario

Disable the scenarios by using one of the following methods:

--Add the selected scenarios to the EXCLUDE clause (e.g., Budget, Actual). This means that all scenarios are disabled except Budget and Actual.

--Modify the entry by including only the scenarios for which you want the calculation disabled (e.g., Consol, Forecast, ActBudDiff)

Click Save. Rerun consolidation

Also have a look into the document,

https://docs.oracle.com/en/cloud/saas/financial-consolidation-cloud/agfcc/EPM-INFORMATION-DEVELOPMENT-TEAM-E93973-628A1C2A.pdf

User486354-Oracle
  • SLTECH
    edited Jun 7, 2018 6:45AM

Thanks for your recommendations, I'll use to configure my consolidation. 

After restructure the database, the consolidation works fine again...

Thanks a lot!!

S.

• USER1211
    USER1211 Member Posts: 3,104
    edited Jun 25, 2018 7:41AM

Glad you were able to solve with Suresh. advice

Once you got the clarity you needed remember to mark the thread as answered so members can focus on unanswered questions.

Did Your Question Get Answered in My Oracle Support Community (Doc ID 1180503.1)

This discussion has been closed.