• 2,259,067 Discussions
  • 7,893,206 Comments

Discussions

Use a variable string within an Hyperion Planning task list URL

andrea_epm
andrea_epm Member Posts: 16 Red Ribbon
edited Jun 22, 2018 11:30AM in Planning and Budgeting

Hi,

in the task list of one of my Hyperion Planning applications there are a lot of URLs that refer to objects on the workspace, so that the URL is something like: http://server1/workspace/objectpath

Every time I migrate the task lists artifacts from Test to Prod (i.e. from server1 to server2) I have to remember to manually update the URLs, changing server1 to server2 in the Prod task list.

Is it somehow possible to include a variable in the URLs, so that I don't have to update the URL manually everytime I migrate the task list? That would same me precious time and prevent errors during the migrations.

Thank you

Tagged:
Robert Angel

Best Answer

• JohnGoodwin
    JohnGoodwin Member Posts: 30,471 Blue Diamond
    edited Jun 21, 2018 1:47PM Answer ✓

There is a similar support doc that addresses this "Is there an Automated Way to Update the URL for Reports when Task Lists are Migrated between Environments? (Doc ID 2267906.1)"

Alternatively you could do a find and replace on the LCM files, find old server, replace with new server, using something like notepad++ makes this a quick and easy task.

Cheers

John

Robert Angel

Answers

• JohnGoodwin
    JohnGoodwin Member Posts: 30,471 Blue Diamond
    edited Jun 21, 2018 1:47PM Answer ✓

There is a similar support doc that addresses this "Is there an Automated Way to Update the URL for Reports when Task Lists are Migrated between Environments? (Doc ID 2267906.1)"

Alternatively you could do a find and replace on the LCM files, find old server, replace with new server, using something like notepad++ makes this a quick and easy task.

Cheers

John

Robert Angel
  • andrea_epm
    andrea_epm Member Posts: 16 Red Ribbon
    edited Jun 22, 2018 11:30AM

Thank you, as there isn't an automated way to update the URLs when task lists are migrated, I will use the "find and replace" method in the LCM files.

This discussion has been closed.