• 7,905,471 Comments

Discussions

Webcenter spaces 11.1.1.6 - ordering of navigation menu page links

GaganArneja
GaganArneja Member Posts: 33 Red Ribbon
edited Jul 26, 2018 2:38AM in WebCenter Portal

Hi All,

I have little experience with WCP 11.1.16 so please help me with this issue :

We have about 3 portal spaces  - My Home, My Organization, My e-Services in our intranet site.

In the My Home space, we have enabled few services - Discussions, Documents etc.  This public space can be seen without user login.

The issue is that, when an anonymous user visits this space : http://host:port/mywebcenter/spaces/MyHome

the default page displayed is the discussions page (system page). The ordering of the menu items is not as per the page order set in the space.

We need the home page to be displayed first.

pastedImage_5.png

When the user logs in, it all goes right as per the specified page order. (You can see the pages displayed are also different)

pastedImage_6.png

Why is there this difference in page order for anonymous user versus login user ? Please help - Have broken my head over this seemingly simple issue.

Below are the settings for the pages :

pastedImage_7.png

TIA !

Answers

• Ravistar
    Ravistar Member Posts: 125 Blue Ribbon
    edited Jul 9, 2018 5:35AM

Hi,

This is because of home page security.

I think your Home page not allowing anonymous user or role to view the page.

Go to the page security and add the anonymous user or role to page and provide the view access.

Thanks & Regards,

Ravi.

• GaganArneja
    edited Jul 9, 2018 6:32AM

Hi Ravi,

The anonymous role has view access on the page.

When the anonymous user clicks on the Home page, the user can view it, so I don't think this is a permission issue.

The discussions page is the default home page for an anonymous user - as it appears first. what causes it to appear first when Home page is clearly ordered as first page

Thanks !

• Ravistar
    Ravistar Member Posts: 125 Blue Ribbon
    edited Jul 9, 2018 8:27AM

is there any EL Expression on page visible property?

Regards,

Ravi.

• GaganArneja
    edited Jul 10, 2018 4:59AM

Page visible property is in 12c if I am not wrong.

In 11g there is only a show page checkbox - I have included the screengrab in my original post.

Basically the page is public and is visible. Also if anonymous user clicks explicitly on the Home link, it does launch the home page correctly.

The issue is with the default first page on the "My Home" custom space.

• Daniel Merchán
    Daniel Merchán Enterprise Achitect Member Posts: 2,192 Gold Trophy
    edited Jul 26, 2018 2:38AM

Hi,

Export the MDS and let me know if there are User MDS customisations stored in this Space (My Home Space).

Probably for the anonymous user is being overrided.

Kind regards.

This discussion has been closed.