• 2,266,487 Discussions
  • 7,911,371 Comments

Discussions

HsSetValue not working with HFM application

User_YZQL2
User_YZQL2 Member Posts: 62 Blue Ribbon
edited Aug 6, 2018 9:18AM in Financial Consolidation

Hi All,

I have a HFM application and am trying to create a smartview template for data submissions. The submissions would mostly be done using HsSetValue function and validated using HsGetValue. The issue is that while HsGetValue is working fine using the same POV(mentioned in different cells in the excel), HsSetValue throws error saying 'The POV is invalid' . Below is a brief on the setup and the issue I am facing

pastedImage_0.png

Above is how the grid has been designed. The cell(J3) has the HsGetValue being used which works fine, while cell(K3) has the HsSetValue functions, which when run gives the following error

pastedImage_3.png

Below are the HsGetValue and HsSetValue functions that have been used

=IFERROR(HsGetValue("HFM_conn","Custom_dim2#"&$E3&";"&"Account#"&$B3&";"&"Period#"&$J1&";"&"Custom_dim1#"&$D3&";"&"ICP#"&$C3&";"&"SubAccount#"&$F3&";"&"Custom_dim3#"&$G3&";"&"Custom_dim4#"&$H3&";"&"DataType#"&$I3&";"&"Year#"&$F8&";"&"Scenario#"&$G8&";"&"View#"&$H8&";"&"Entity#"&$I8&";"&"Value#"&$J8),"")

=hssetvalue(100,"HFM_conn","Custom_dim2#"&$E3&";"&"Account#"&$B3&";"&"Period#"&$J1&";"&"Custom_dim1#"&$D3&";"&"ICP#"&$C3&";"&"SubAccount#"&$F3&";"&"Custom_dim3#"&$G3&";"&"Custom_dim4#"&$H3&";"&"DataType#"&$I3&";"&"Year#"&$F8&";"&"Scenario#"&$G8&";"&"View#"&$H8&";"&"Entity#"&$I8&";"&"Value#"&$J8)

Lastly, the submissions are working fine using a data form and even through an adhoc grid. But for my process to work, I need the HsSetValue to work. Any help here is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Dev

Tagged:

Answers

• Abdul Sherif-Oracle
    Abdul Sherif-Oracle Member Posts: 89 Employee
    edited Jul 12, 2018 3:18AM

Hi Dev,

Get us the version of HFM and SV?

However this issue was fixed with HFM 11.1.2.4.202 and above, If you are not in this PSU consider applying the latest PSU .207 and latest Smartview

Abdul

• Jeo123
    Jeo123 Member Posts: 515 Gold Badge
    edited Jul 12, 2018 9:25AM

Are you sure that all the members match your submission through adhoc?

Hypothetically, if the cell is read only due to being a parent member or being blocked somehow, the GetValue would still be able to pull the data, but the SetValue would fail.

• SureshM-Oracle
    SureshM-Oracle Member Posts: 407 Employee
    edited Jul 12, 2018 10:47AM

I have tested it against HFM v11.1.2.4.207 and SmartView 11.1.2.5.800 and it worked. I could not get chance to test it with the old version but I would advise you to test this in the latest versions as stated by Abdul and validate the result. Ensure you have the proper access to the cell for which you are going to write it.

• aquarianone
    aquarianone Member Posts: 11
    edited Jul 12, 2018 11:57AM

Some random thoughts...

Which part of the set formula contains the reference to the number you want to load?

(i'm guessing it's the 100?) - can you replace that with a reference to a cell...

- You're sure all dimensions on the page are at the lowest level

- the user has write access

- the scenario is not locked

- if you select the same dimensions via an ad--hoc with cell styles..it's def a yellow input cell - and you can send data in?

Might be worth checking the logs to see what's happening when you hit Submit, might give you a clue on POV error.

• SureshM-Oracle
    SureshM-Oracle Member Posts: 407 Employee
    edited Jul 17, 2018 6:27AM

I guess these provided information are for user 978064.

I am unable to reproduce the issue in the latest version of SV and HFM. So it is worth to try with the latest versions and validate the result.

• User_YZQL2
    User_YZQL2 Member Posts: 62 Blue Ribbon
    edited Aug 6, 2018 9:18AM

Hi All,

Thanks for your responses, I identified the issue. It was a mistake from my side in the template itself. Since there were multiple rows in the template, and member names in each of these rows were derived using excel formulas, there were a few rows, where these formulas didn't equate the member names properly, thus giving me the error.

Thanks,

Dev

This discussion has been closed.