• 3,851,377 Users
  • 2,263,968 Discussions
  • 7,904,690 Comments

Discussions

Why don't I see the data from a PDB when querying DBA_CAPTURE

792290 Member Posts: 279 Blue Ribbon
edited Aug 8, 2018 11:35AM in Multitenant

Hello,

created a test CDB with 2v PDBs on Linux, using Oracle 12.2 version.

My question is  i have connected to a PDB with a common user and even with a local user and try to query the dba_capture, or V_$goldengate_capture table.  I don't see any data but when i login with the same common user to CDB I am able to view the data.  does this mean PDB can't see certain dictionary table data?  I need to see this data using a PDB, for custom written monitoring go Goldengate.

any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Emad Al-Mousa

Answers

• Unknown
    edited Aug 8, 2018 11:35AM
    My question is i have connected to a PDB with a common user and even with a local user and try to query the dba_capture, or V_$goldengate_capture table. I don't see any data but when i login with the same common user to CDB I am able to view the data. does this mean PDB can't see certain dictionary table data? I need to see this data using a PDB, for custom written monitoring go Goldengate.

Those views reflect information at the 'database' level.

So if you are connected to a PDB you will see data from 'capture processes' running on the PDB.

Your capture processes are likely running on the CDB which is why you see the data there.

https://docs.oracle.com/database/121/STRMS/strms_adcapture.htm#STRMS152

Capture Process Checkpoints

A checkpoint is information about the current state of a capture process that is stored persistently in the data dictionary of the database running the capture process. A capture process tries to record a checkpoint at regular intervals called checkpoint intervals.

See where it says 'in the data dictionary of the database running the capture process'?

Emad Al-Mousa
This discussion has been closed.