• 2,264,287 Discussions
  • 7,905,479 Comments

Discussions

Consuming OWCS content in portals

Mohan Basavarajappa
Mohan Basavarajappa Member Posts: 784
edited Aug 21, 2018 11:37AM in WebCenter Portal

Hi

Does Webcenter portal has any in-built tag to consume contents / site fragements exposed from OWCS?

What're integration option available in latest version?

Mohan Basavarajappa

Answers

• Daniel Merchán
    Daniel Merchán Enterprise Achitect Member Posts: 2,192 Gold Trophy
    edited Aug 21, 2018 9:45AM

Hi Mohan,

Some years ago It were in the pipeline to introduce Out-of-the-Box integration with OWCS (like content presenter does with Site Studio),

However this has not been continued and I really doubt that Oracle will introduce this component in the future. The Oralce Fusion Middleware / WebCenter will not receive major updates in future patches / releases, only bug fixing and stability.

I had started a "Content Presenter" personal project for doing the integration you mentioned, I've never finished it and I am not planning to finish it. If I find the code maybe I can publish in my GITHub.

My suggestion is to build your own ADF Task Flows, Portlets, Visualization Template or Oracle JET CCA based on the OWCS REST API.

From today, I am starting to suggest people to build the components in Oracle JET wrapped by a Task Flow / Portlet which just makes an IFrame of your JET CCAs.

This approach of developing is faster .

So, choose the option you like more or you are more comfortable with, but you need to develop your own code on top of the OWCS REST API.

Kind regards.

Mohan Basavarajappa
  • Daniel Merchán
    Daniel Merchán Enterprise Achitect Member Posts: 2,192 Gold Trophy
    edited Aug 21, 2018 9:54AM

Look my answer also in

If you just want to navigate from Portal to Sites and viceversa just create a Navigation Model which supports navigate from one to the other.

Mohan Basavarajappa
  • Mohan Basavarajappa
    Mohan Basavarajappa Member Posts: 784
    edited Aug 21, 2018 11:37AM

Daniel Merchán for your inputs and views.

This discussion has been closed.