• 7,905,073 Comments

Discussions

Gettoing error while using HR schema related TF into Portal from Resurces

User_K4B7F
User_K4B7F Member Posts: 105 Red Ribbon
edited Sep 4, 2018 2:26AM in WebCenter Portal

Jdev: 12.2.1.3.0

Hi All,

I just created a adf application with Hr schema and created one taskflow with employees table ND. and created a generic project and added MENIFEST file and addede entries and deployed into WC_portal server as shared library.

created Portal Extension Application  and configured Extension_name in weblogic.xml file deployed into WC_portal server as shared lib.

after that I created a template and added my employee taskflow to that template from resource catalog .

after all , When I'm trying to add that taskflow getting error "ApplicationModule" not configured and going to error page.

Note: After all deployments I bounced the server.

Created DATASOURCE in all managed servers , Created SQL DATA source in portal as well with HRConn Data Course .

Could you please help me , what I have to do more/Am I missed anything in setups.

Note : It's working fine with Pojo based Data Controls.

Answers

• User_K4B7F
    edited Sep 3, 2018 2:22AM

Guys,

any help on this issues

• Daniel Merchán
    Daniel Merchán Enterprise Achitect Member Posts: 2,192 Gold Trophy
    edited Sep 3, 2018 2:26AM

Hi,

Basically you need to do the following:

1. Check your Application Module configuration, which configuration are you using (Local or Shared) and which is the JNDI name of the Data Source. My recommendation is to use jdbc/HRDS in this case.
    2. Create the Data Source for HR in WebLogic using the same JNDI name (jdbc/HRDS) and only Target to WC_Portal, you do not need it somewhere else.
    3. Deploy your TF as specified in the guidelines on how to add a Task Flow in Oracle WebCenter Portal. You should not have issues.

In addition, please always share the log files or the specifig stack traces of the error it will help us to know which is the exact issue.

When you mention: Created SQL DATA source in portal as well with HRConn Data Course . Why did you did this? Planning on creating Runtime Task Flows based on the HR? At the beginning on your post it indicates you are developing your own Deisgn Time Task Flows so this is completily unnecessary.

Kind regards.

• User_K4B7F
    edited Sep 3, 2018 7:22AM

Hi

1. Check your Application Module configuration, which configuration are you using (Local or Shared) and which is the JNDI name of the Data Source. My recommendation is to use jdbc/HRDS in this case. (I did same )
    2. Create the Data Source for HR in WebLogic using the same JNDI name (jdbc/HRDS) and only Target to WC_Portal, you do not need it somewhere else.

(jdbc/HRDS  targeted to WC_portal server only )

1. Deploy your TF as specified in the guidelines on how to add a Task Flow in Oracle WebCenter Portal. You should not have issues.(Did same )

Coming to SQL data source , For creating run time objects for other purpose

• Daniel Merchán
    Daniel Merchán Enterprise Achitect Member Posts: 2,192 Gold Trophy
    edited Sep 4, 2018 2:26AM

Hi,

Then your Runtime Data Control is working fine? Is it only your design time task flow?.

Please, share your stack traces when adding the TF into a WCP Page.

Kind regards.

This discussion has been closed.